Developing The Key Skill of Self-Discipline
What is self-discipline?
The definition of Self-discipline is : "The ability to control one's feelings and overcome one's weaknesses".
So, have you ever been in a situation where you think or you know that you should do one thing but then you do the complete opposite because it was easier? If this is the case then you should try to develop the skill of self-discipline.
Advantages of having high self-discipline:
• You get things done. - Being disciplined means you don't procrastinate so you will get work or chores done and be more productive through the day.
• You will have more time. - Being organised and scheduled comes as you build the skill of self-discipline.
• You will build confidence. - Having things set out and keeping on top of everything means you will be less stressed and bothered by things. You will have time to do things you love or to better your health, making you more confident.
How do you build self-discipline?
So you now know a few advantages of being disciplined and you want to know how to build this key skill.
Well, it is going to be a hard thing to do but you will get there very quickly if you stay motivated and look at what you will get in return.
So here are a few things to get you started:
• Wake up early - Waking before everyone else allows you to have time in quiet to get things done. Seeing as you are up before anyone else's alarm has sounded you will have little to no distractions for a good period of time. My advice here is to go to bed early no matter what, leave your phone in another room (or across the room at the least), and as soon as your alarm goes off... GET UP!! I cannot stress that enough, if you hit snooze and go back to sleep, you won't be waking up again I guarantee you that. So don't ruin the day and get up with the sound of your alarm.
• Take a cold shower every morning - What this does is it 1. wakes you up, and 2. It isn't a comfortable thing to do. So that means you are stepping out of your comfort zone first thing in the morning which builds confidence and allows you to handle foreign situations with ease.Plus the cold water is good for your skin and you hair.
© 2019 Owen Kane