- Business and Employment
Dysfunctional Customer Behavior
Addressing the Challenge of Jay customers
A CUSTOMER HOW BEHAVES IN SOME DIFFERENT MANNERS OR FASHIONLESS WAY IS KNOWN AS JAY CUSTOMER, IT IS DERIVED FROM JAYWALKERS IN UK FOR THOSE WHO WALK ON ROAD IN IRRESPECTABLE MANNERS...
Jaycustomers are always creating problems for the firm and its employees and for other customers specially when many other customers are watching them and their attitude also influence others to behave in such manners
Views about jaycustomer are derived from marketing perspective " Customer is always right" and it does helps them to behave as they want..
Types of Jaycustomers
Theif - Those customers who always wishes to payless or not to pay, these may be like travelling in public transport freely, or not paying resturant bills and others - firms to be prevented from such customers use many tips because if company is not taking actions against such people; other customers would also have intentions to behave in such manners..
The Rulebreaker - Those customers who doesn't obey rules of company or country like breaking traffic rules - even thogh it costs them sometimes a lot but they do because they feel pleasure in behaving such manners.... Company should ensure that rules are to be follwed
The Belligerent - Expresses resentment, use to abuse employees verbally or even physically. It causes demotivaion of employees if company doesn't react upon such customers because for everyone in this world SELF RESPECT is most important thing, Guards/Security are their best solutions, Company should also guide their Front line staff to deal with such uncertain circumstances...
Family Feuders - Customers who gets in detailed arguments with other customers about company of any kind
Vandals - Those customer who always makes hurdle for company like pouring water in ATM, writting on walls, in cybercafes deleting windows files or other softwares...
The Deadbeat - These are not like Theif but close to them, these are those who pays the amount but after creating such problems for company, like i'll pay tomorrow, they know that they have to pay but they try to delay as much as they can
Consequences of Dysfunctional Customer Behavior
Consequences for staff working front stage
- Abused employees may find their emotions negatively affected and/or suffer long-term psychological damage
- Productivity and quality may suffer
Consequences for customers
- Perceptions can be both negative and positive
- Exposure to unpleasant incidents can spoil consumption experience; some customers may even terminate their use of the service
- Bad behavior can be contagious But customers may rally to support of abused employee
Consequences for organization
- Unmotivated employees may work less effectively
- Abused employees may take medical leave
- Direct financial costs of restoring damaged property, legal fees, paying fraudulent claims