- Business and Employment»
- Business & Society
Eco Solutions for People and Planet
PRODUCTS AND TECHNOLOGY RELATED TO RENEWABLE SOURCE
To create models that generates sustainable livelihoods in large numbers
In the world there are many social enterprise which are dedicated to sustainable development, and use of renewable energy resources.There are many research and action organisation striving to deliver socially equitable, environmentally sound and economically scalable development outcomes. The green technology innovations for habitat, water, energy and waste management, which deliver basic needs and generate sustainable livelihoods, have reduced poverty and rejuvenated natural ecosystems in the most backward regions of India.The mission of these social enterprise in India is to help eliminate poverty and regenerate the environmental resource base through methods that are highly scalable. The activities broadly cover three primary areas that underlie any sustainable development process: the design and large-scale dissemination of appropriate technologies, rational environmental management systems, and equitable people-oriented institutions and policies. These group innovates such eco-solutions to help meet the basic needs of all and works with partners, including government bodies, local entrepreneurs and civil society to market these in a commercially viable and an environmentally friendly manner to an ever-growing body of consumers.
- Empowering Communities through multi-stakeholder action for
- Institution Development with a focus on women and marginalised groups
- Basic Needs fulfillment more specially habitat, water, energy.
- Creating Green Jobs at a large scale through promotion and support of
- Employment Skills for Green Job creation
- Enterprise Creation for Social Enterprises
- Promoting and advocating Low Carbon Pathways for Development through the design and demonstration of
- Natural Resources Management Models
- Clean Technology Solutions
- The first step towards sustainable development is to create sustainable livelihoods on a scale that makes an impact on the lives of a significant part of the population.
- Sustainable livelihoods produce goods and services that are needed to improve the quality of life of people.
- To break out the poverty-pollution population trap, India needs to create, some one hundred million sustainable livelihoods.
- Enablers and service providers facilitate access to technologies, finance and markets that can make small enterprises capable of growing.
- The basic aim of any society has to improve the lives of its people, but particularly the lives of its poor, marginalized and disabled ones.
The initiatives in the rural areas have focussed on streamlining decentralised bio-mass and
bio-gas; to generate electricity and promote solar technologies for enhancing village’s energy
security. There are only few organisation in India, which has successfully demonstrated three
different renewable energy technologies and services based on bio-mass, bio-gas and solar
energy. All these three technologies are currently being promoted in India.
These organisation understands the importance of inter-linked and coordinated decision making for creating sustainable livelihoods at scale. It guides such decisions through forward thinking and informed policy making to facilitate transitions. The six main areas for policy influence are:
- Energy Security
- Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation
- Green Building Materials
- Sustainable Habitat
- Green and Inclusive Economy
The social enterprises working on renewable energy resources strives to influence the decision makers and the policy makers by demonstrating sustainable solutions at scale through its various programme, primarily in the Bundelkhand region. Their initiatives have increased awareness about the micro-level concerns of small holders, rural entrepreneurs, villagers and rural workers. It involves the entire community in the process of identifying the challenges and finding solutions. Such a systemic, collaborative and integrated approach helps break silos created by the fundamental disconnects in macro level policies and programme. It ensures that solutions are more effective and responsive towards the needs of the communities that are otherwise marginalised by traditional top down approach.
They aims to generate policy influence by capturing the best practises through action-based
research and partnerships. Such practices to policy connect helps in multiplication and scaling
up of replicable solutions.
RENEWABLE ENERGY RESOURCE:-
Renewable energy is energy that is collected from renewable resources , which are naturally replenished on a human time scale, such as sunlight, wind, rain, tides, waves, and geothermal heat. Renewable energy often provides energy in four important areas: electricity generation, air and water heating/cooling, transportation, and rural energy services. Renewable energy resources exist over wide geographical areas, in contrast to other energy sources, which are concentrated in a limited number of countries. Rapid deployment of renewable energy and energy efficiency is resulting in significant energy security, climate change mitigation, and economic benefits. The results of a recent review of the literature concluded that as greenhouse gas (GHG) emitters begin to be held liable for damages resulting from GHG emissions resulting in climate change, a high value for liability mitigation would provide powerful incentives for deployment of renewable energy technologies. Renewable energy systems are rapidly becoming more efficient and cheaper.
Renewable energy often displaces conventional fuels in four areas: electricity generation, hot water/space heating, transportation, and rural (off grid) energy services:
- Power generation:- In near future, renewable energy is projected to equal coal and natural gas electricity generation. Several countries, including Denmark, Germany, the state of South Australia and some US states have achieved high integration of variable renewable.
- Heating:- Solar water heating makes an important contribution to renewable heat in many countries, most notably in China. Most of these systems are installed on multifamily apartment buildings and meet a portion of the hot water needs of an estimated 50–60 million households in China. In India also, in most parts of the country the solar plants and biomass plants had been installed so that renewable form of resources can be used.
- Transportation:- Bioethanol is an alcohol made by fermentation, mostly from carbohydrates produced in sugar or starch crops such as corn, sugarcane, or sweet sorghum. Cellulosic biomass, derived from nonfood sources such as trees and grasses is also being developed as a feedstock for ethanol production. Ethanol can be used as a fuel for vehicles in its pure form, but it is usually used as a gasoline additive to increase octane and improve vehicle emissions. Bioethanol is widely used in the USA and in Brazil. Biodiesel can be used as a fuel for vehicles in its pure form, but it is usually used as a diesel additive to reduce levels of particulates, carbon monoxide, and hydrocarbons from diesel powered vehicles.
- A solar vehicle is an electric vehicle powered completely or significantly by direct solar energy. Usually, photovoltaic (PV) cells contained in solar panels convert the sun's energy directly into electric energy. The term "solar vehicle" usually implies that solar energy is used to power all or part of a vehicle's propulsion. Solar power may be also used to provide power for communications or controls or other auxiliary functions.
Sustainable Development in India needs to focus on finding answers to the various needs of the community; that range from rapid increase in population to over consumption of resources, which has resulted in large scale poverty, deprivation and depletion of resources. Along with trying and finding solutions to these existing problems, we also need to worry about the surprises and sudden changes that the environment may have for us tomorrow. The social enterprises working on these issues ensure that the people who will be worst affected by these environmental changes, are best equipped to adapt to them. To achieve our goal we concentrate on designing tools, techniques, institutional systems and resource management systems that can empower the communities. Our focus is on providing not only sustainable livelihood opportunities to a large number of the marginalised but also strengthening their institutions; and helping them access basic needs like – safe water, energy, sanitation, habitat and literacy.
We focus on empowering communities through learning from nature and by promoting
resource efficient practices at a large scale. These include practices like: using renewable energy, watershed management, promoting sustainable agricultural practices, delivery of services for eco-housing, training for job creation and rural communications. Special focus is also given on empowering the women in this process, through skill building and education.
ECO CONCRETE TECHNOLOGY
- Green cast floors:- Green Cast Floors Technology provides a cutting edge solution for manufacture of high quality, long lasting and affordable Concrete Pavers. The technology is capable of producing 1000 blocks in 8 hours shift with six operators Green Cast Floors Technology is highly profitable for micro and small scale building materials producers.
- Green cast frames:- Green Cast Frames Technology provides a cutting edge solution for manufacture of high quality, long lasting and affordable Concrete Door and Window Frames. Environmentally Green Product; no use of wood and optimum steel with cement. With capital investment of Rs. 2,50,000, a production value of Rs. 14,00,000 per annum.
- Micron Technology:- A unique state of art technology for production of micro concrete roofing tiles; the micro concrete roofing tiles are produced in Pantile and Roman pattern profiles. It is a highly versatile technology for producing a variety of roofing tiles, decorative Tiles and Pavers. Electrically operated with 0.25HP single phase motor. Production Capacity 300 roofing tiles or decorative pavers per day (8hr shift).
- Paper Mek XV:- PaperMekXV is pioneering concept for recycling of waste paper in institutions and corporate organizations. Capacity to convert 5075 kgs/day paper waste into paper.Flexibility to use paper and / or cotton rags as raw material.
- Paper Recycling Technology:- is based on cutting edge innovation designed to produce high quality recycled paper at micro to small scale. The organisation has designed a unique set of world class machinery for preparing high quality pulp from waste paper, converting pulp into sheets of paper and controlled finishing of the paper. The Machines offers a diverse range of capacities allow the enterprise to custom design their requirements. The experience of hand crafted paper has been used to develop a wide range of small scale recycling systems.
- Nature leaf impression(PAPER TEXTURE):- Dried leaves are required for a paper manufacturing of minimum 200gsm paper. The method includes, at the time of calendering, dried leaves are placed on the handmade paper sheet, uniformly scattered. Then handmade papers are made and sandwitched between two metal sheets that roll forward n backward in the machine. once the calendaring is done, the leaves should be taken out leaving behind their impression on paper.
- Batik stonewash finish(PAPER TEXTURE):- Direct dye colour tray is required and paper of minimum 150gsm paper is used. In the tray colour and water are mixed in the ratio of 1:2 . Then place the handmade paper sheet in the tray filled with water and crumple it in water itself. The paper is taken out and after straightening, it is put for drying to get stonewash effect.
- Simple Carry Bag
- Paper Gift Box
- Green Building Standards:- Buildings have extensive direct and indirect impacts on the environment. During their construction, occupancy, renovation, repurposing, and demolition, buildings use energy, water, and raw materials, generate waste, and emit potentially harmful atmospheric emissions. These facts have prompted the creation of green building standards, certifications, and rating systems aimed at mitigating the impact of buildings on the natural environment through sustainable.
- Solar Disinfection System (SODIS) :- These are being actively promoted in the urban slums of Delhi to provide safe drinking water to the poor. Other means of providing clean water, such as liquid chlorine solution and slow sand filtration have been put on an enterprise route in rural and urban areas.
- Household Water Treatment Systems (HWTS) :- Its innovative delivery models are designed to improve access to safe drinking water for the poor.
The premier research and action organisation, with the ability to work across various levels finds conceptual and methodological solutions to global challenges of poverty and environment, and applies these at the local level, through multi-stakeholder partnerships in a business-oriented approach. It then, converts these lessons into tools and methodologies that may be applied in varied national and international contexts. These organisation has been acknowledged as one of the top 150 think-tanks in the world, as a trans-disciplinary
research organisation. Our experiences from the work done at the grassroots level assist in policy making at these regional, national and global levels.
- Nature Therapy: Helpful in having a Sound Sleep
Nowadays, anxiety, issue of not getting quality sleep are the major issue which are being cured by taking pills. But the better option and natural one is planting trees which are home-friendly.