- Business and Employment
How to make money online
If you happened to bump into this page in search of tips which will help you get instant money, then this hub may not be the most beneficial to you. This guide will help you make money slowly, but steadily. I am also not an SEO guru who is advocating certain mind boggling methods to make money online. I am simply a recent pass out from IIM, who, during the college days, had a life style which definitely needed some extra monthly income to support. Travelling and having a nice gala time with my friends is something very dear to me. During my college days, the pocket-money I used to get was not handsome enough to support all of my travelling and partying needs. There was definitely a need to earn something extra. Free and unlimited internet was the greatest resource at hand. Thus, I hunted for some extremely reliable, trustworthy websites where I could earn some extra bucks. After almost a year of trial and error I have settled down at the three most reliable places where I can make some really good, trust worthy money. The pace might be slow, but it ensures guaranteed returns. Definitely, a shot for the cash crunched student.
Before you jump on to the following websites and open your accounts, make sure you have checked the items on this checklist :
- PayPal account: A PayPal account will ensure that the money gets suitably deposited in your bank account in the easiest possible way. Yes, directly filling your bank account details is also an option, but, it takes huge time and effort. PayPal is easier, faster, safer and much better.
- Google Adsense account: Point number 2 and 4 will require you to open an Adsense account. Google has a revenue sharing mechanism through ad clicks on these websites. The working principle is very simple. You create content which could be an article on HubPages or a video on YouTube. Google places ads next to your content. When your content is viewed by others, invariably the ads get viewed/ clicked. When that happens, you get a share of revenue from ads.
10eqs has been one of my favourite websites that has compensated me well enough for me to be able to fund my travel and leisure with it in college. 10eqs is an interface between industry and researchers (typically students and freelancers). Companies from across the industry outsource certain portions of their work at 10eqs. Each task posted on 10eqs has a dollar value attached to it which would be given to you if you complete the task successfully. The dollar value from range from $500-$5, depending on the effort and analytical skills required to deliver the results. Students/researchers take up these tasks and give results to the companies. On successful completion of the task, the researcher gets compensated with money. I have personally made over $500 in 10eqs, during the second year of my M.B.A, with hardly any effort.
Why 10eqs is a stellar opportunity for college graduates :
- Your college online library resource will offer all the information that you will need for completing the task.
- There is no penalty if you are unable to deliver a task because you are caught up in something else.
- You can choose any sector or any task that interests you or where your expertise lies.
- There is no penalty for absence for a while which often happens in a college setting, where you have exams every other month.
- With PayPal, you get direct and immediate transfer of money to your bank account.
Currently, HubPages trends as one of the top 10 websites in US. More than a million people create content on HubPages which is viewed by over 20 million people. I am not ashamed to say that HubPages has got me seriously addicted to it. This is purely because of the amazing reward sharing scheme, along with a community of extremely supportive and fantastic writers. How this works is that, you create content in the form of articles called hubs or videos. Google, Amazon and Ebay place their advertisements next to your content. If you get more traffic to your pages, the ads get viewed more often and you get rewarded by money. It would be belittling HubPages if I just restrict the description to money. The benefits are tremendous in terms of a hands on experience of digital marketing, fantastic platform for you to voice your opinions, extremely supportive peer group etc. The best part about HP is that it has high credibility with Google and you just have to churn out articles, the money will flow. The earnings are passive. Even if you forget about HP after writing your content the earnings will increase exponentially provided you have great content. There are innumerable freelancers on HubPages who draw their monthly income from this website.
We are all aware of YouTube. We have all enjoyed watching and sharing YouTube videos. We have also cribbed at the various ads being displayed on our favourite videos. My suggestion to you is stop cribbing and become a part of this exercise. The money making model for YouTube is similar to HubPages, obviously here, the articles are replaced by videos. If you happen to create a video which goes viral, you can sit back, relax and count your money. Create a Google Adsense account and monetize your content.
This is a low risk low return method for making money. Companies which require consumer surveys or market feedback float surveys online to panel websites. These websites have a data base of signed up consumers. These websites then send the surveys to the consumers. Once the customer fills the survey he/she is rewarded with cash. Some panels such as star surveys are a sure shot way to make money. Certain other websites like donkey mail have a similar model. But, they pay you only for viewing their ads. They follow a pay per view model. However, you will make money if you deal with volumes as the value is less.