Fix it - A simple business idea
Buy a 3D printer and open a little minimalist shop where you can take your broken objects and hire a molds designer to re-design your part, and print it.
This would be very useful if you had a broken part of a machine that is very expensive, or that you cannot find that part anywhere else.
That also works if your client is a collector, and has some broken objects, you could just restore them.
- 3D Printer -- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Geeetech-Assembled-Me-Creator-desktop-3D-printer-MK8-Sanguinololu-Prusa-Mendel-/331461658520?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d2ca78798 -- 467.31€
- Dual Extruder - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Geeetech-Latest-MK8-Dual-Extruder-With-Cool-Fan-for-3D-Printer-Makerbot-Prusa-/221717554508?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339f65654c -- 85.90€
- Laptop or Desktop
- Space Rent
- Molds designer salary
- Business opening license
- PLC Plastic price (depending on the quantity)
- You could use GoFundMe to help you paying the rent or buying a 3D printer
- Price of the PLC you waste minus the price you charge for each “recovered” part.