Where to Source Products for Private Labeling on Amazon and eBay
Almost 80 percent of Americans shop online and approximately a billion dollars worth of goods are sold online per day. Online sellers can get in on that action. But to do that, you need to be able to source products at a low price and sell them at a high enough price that you can make a profit. You can sell these products as a third party Amazon seller, through the Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) program, on eBay, for dropshipping, or for sale through your own eCommerce website. These are four places you can turn to for affordable products.
AliExpress is an online store operated by the Chinese company Alibaba. This direct to consumer site mainly ships goods from China. They offer almost any product you may want to sell.
- It's a direct to consumer website, so you don't have to negotiate with suppliers. Simply order what you want and pay by credit card
- It's an easy way for new sellers to get products
- Products have reviews and ratings
- AliExpress sellers are middlemen, so you'll pay a higher price than you would get from a manufacturer
- Prices on some items may not be low enough for online sellers to make a profit
- Shipping from China can be expensive
Alibaba is a massive business-to-business website selling just about any product an online seller would want.
- Because products come directly from manufacturers, prices are lower
- Alibaba offers trade assurance, rates suppliers, and does onsite checks. You can know which suppliers you can trust and which to avoid based on the ratings they provide (avoid Alibaba suppliers who don't offer trade assurance, who aren't Gold Suppliers and who haven't had an onsite check)
- Many suppliers accept major credit cards and PayPal
- You will have to negotiate prices and purchase terms with suppliers
- Many suppliers require a Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) of 100, 1000 or more. This can be a problem for new sellers who need smaller orders while they establish a new product. Some suppliers will sell less than their MOQ. You can contact them for a quote
- Getting products can be time consuming because you may have to contact multiple companies and engage in a lot of back and forth before being able to buy each new product you want to sell
- Shipping from China can be expensive even for very small and light orders
- Few people leave reviews or ratings
Alibaba has a wholesale website at wholesaler.alibaba.com.
- The buying process is simpler and faster because you don't have to negotiate with suppliers
- You can pay using major credit cards
- You're protected by Alibaba's Trade Assurance
- Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) is very high for many products and negotiating a smaller order isn't an option
- Many products available on Alibaba aren't available on the wholesale site
- Prices may be much higher than Alibaba for the same item
Kole Imports is an importer and wholesaler located in the United States.
- You don't have to negotiate prices to get products
- Purchasing is fast and easy
- Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) is low for many items
- They offer FBA services and will ship purchases directly to Amazon warehouses
- They provide drop shipping services
- You can pay with Amazon Pay and PayPal
- Shipping costs may be lower since it's domestic shipping
- Many of their products are dollar store items or imported for sale in stores like Big Lots. Be careful and ensure products are of good quality before purchasing
- An extra charge of $5 is added to orders below $50