- Business and Employment»
- E-Commerce & How to Make Money Online
Free Link Building for SEO – Easy Link Building Strategy to Increase Your Page Rank
If you have just created a new website, chances are it is ranked by Google with a PR of 0. Unless you’ve found a niche that has little to non-existent competition (a hard task, these days!) then you’re going to be lacking good quality organic traffic. In fact, you might not be able to get any visitors, whatsoever to your site through search engines with such a low PR.
I once got a quote for link building for a few sites from Guru.com and received quotes anywhere from $80-$250 per site. I don’t have that kind of money to spend on results that aren’t even guaranteed! You can do it for free. It takes a little time and effort, but the results will pay off.
This article will cover some Free Link Building for SEO tips that I use in order to increase the Google Page Rank (PR) of my sites.
"...if you want something done right, do it yourself..."
Don’t Pay for Link Building or Link Building Advice!
You should never pay for link building services or link building SEO advice because if you want something done right, you need to do it yourself. Imagine outsourcing a project to build 30 backlinks, paying $100 and having your site de-indexed from Google. It can easily happen to you, so the best option for beginners is to build backlinks yourself. One by one!There are also lots of link building programs out there, but if you truly do your research and don’t take a lazy approach, you can find everything you need. I have been doing lots of SEO research, keyword research and PR research over the last few months and truly feel that I’ve learned more information than someone who shells out $200 for a ‘course’. By gathering my own information, I’m bound to remember it better and therefore have better results in my link building strategy!
Free Link Building for Your Website!
The fastest and easiest way that I have found to boost PR for a new site is to write articles. Wait, I thought you said this would be easy! Anyone can write articles, it is not that hard! By the time you’ve written an intro paragraph, 5-10 sentences in between and a closing paragraph that features your links, you’re done!
Posting your website’s link on ‘link farms’ or site directories really doesn’t work that good anymore. In fact, I never do it. The folks at Google are constantly upgrading their algorithms and I’m quite confident that backlinks from certain site directories can actually produce adverse results.
The other option for link building would be to link from already existing websites that you own that have a higher PR.If you’re just starting out, writing articles with your site’s hyperlink will be much more beneficial to increasing your site’s page rank!
Do You Currently Utilize Article Writing to Increase Your Site's PR?
Why Article Writing for SEO Backlinks?
If you choose article directories that have high page ranks, these sites typically index new articles very quickly, usually within 6-12 hours. High PR on articles from certain article websites usually ranges from 3 PR – 4 PR – without any promotion! Simply write an article and link your site with an anchored backlink with your main keywords. (If you don’t know what this means, do some google searches to teach yourself – again, self-taught SEO techniques are much more beneficial then paying lots of money to have someone tell you tips that you can easily discover for free.
Article Writing Websites to Increase Your PR
My favorite choice is HubPages.com. Most of my articles here on HubPages are ranked PR 2-4. They have the ability to give my other websites a good, quick boost when needed. The other cool thing about HubPages is that you can share impressions with the site and earn money via Adsense. This allows you to earn money as well as build backlinks for your other money making or affiliate sites – a pretty sweet deal!
You can sign up for HubPages here (will open up in a new window).
The other article site that I use is E-Zine Articles.
There are plenty other article sites out there, but I have found that these two work best in terms of increasing your PR through backlinks.
Tips for Link Building
- A good strategy is to write one article and then re-write it with different words so it doesn’t appear as a duplicate and post it on another article website. This is a very quick and proven link building strategy that works wonders! I write two different for articles for each site that I want to promote and post a unique one on each article site with a link to my webpage in the footer. (Just make sure the articles are relevant to your niche topic!)
- Never create more then one or two backlinks everyday, especially for a new site! I personally wouldn’t create more than 5 backlinks for a new site in one month as this might cause you to be sandboxed by Google.
- It’s a waste of your time to create more than one or two backlinks from each article website. The more you have will help, but it'd be much more beneficial to publish articles on other article sites. The more diverse the domains are of your backlinks, the better results you'll receive.
- Stay away from link farms – Google doesn’t put much value into them anymore, for obvious reasons.
- Link your new websites with all of your other websites to help increase PR.
- By writing two articles with your website’s link strategically anchored with relevant keywords in the footer, you’ll be able to help increase the PR of your site in no time with this free link building strategy for SEO!
Other Interesting Articles I've Published:
- Google Adsense Revenue Low? - Google Adsense Tips & Tools
This article is written under the assumption that you already have content published. I'll cover a few very easy methods on how to increase your google adsense revenue.
- Unclaimed Money, Inheritance or Property: Are You Ri...
This article outlines free ways to find money or properties that might be yours and you don't even know it!
- Where to Find and Buy Government Seized Homes and Pr...
You may have seen a segment on a news program or heard a friend talk about how to get great deals on typically expensive items. The most common form of government seized property is real estate. Find free resources to locate properties like this.