- Business and Employment»
- Human Resources (HR)
From Fired to Hired in 30 days
Words of Advice
If at all possible, if you can avoid telling family and friends that you were let go while you undergo this process, that would be best. Friends and family mean well but they often can implant negative thoughts of worry and fear. The seed of fear grows rapidly like wild fire!
If you are fearful, you will come up with every excuse in the book that will keep you from moving forward. Ask yourself each morning during this 30 day process.... "Do I want to move forward today?" If the answer is yes recite the following affirmations.
- I am a winner.
- I have not merely lost a job, I have gained an opportunity to rewrite the direction of my life.
- I am blessed and grateful to be healthy and alive.
If the answer is "No" or kinda, consider the following.
- How can I be a blessing to someone else less fortunate than me today?
- Who do I know personally that could use my encouragement or prayers?
- Deep Positive Meditation break. (Deepak Chopra or the late Zig Ziglar are great Super Souls to listen to).
Before you Freak out!
Before you freak out, understand first that we live in a world of abundance. Often times we work a job and develop a routine. This routine makes us feel as though our lives revolve around, the JOB!
Understand that as long as you are flexible and creative there is a place for you in a new venture somewhere else. The key is first identifying the what, the how and your "go plan"
Check out these 3 simple steps in more detail.
1. The What: What kind of job titles are you interested in doing? Do you want a job or do you want to be self employed?
2. The How: What kind of qualifications are needed for the job or business of your choice? Are there any particular companies you can look at for further research?
3. The go plan: How do you apply for the job, or start the business? Once you figure this out. GO! Do it!
Reconnect with the Divine
Reconnect with the Divine
You must reconnect with "ALL" I say "ALL" because no matter what religion you practice, there is a God you believe in. A Source of everything. The highest and greatest power. The creator of all things.
Connect with your spirit. I strongly believe that when ever there is a break in the flow of your natural routine, it is a WAKE UP call. I believe it is the source calling you to a higher level of self and awareness. There are only three reasons why we are all here!
To do Great things, to do good things, or to do bad things. You have the power and the free will to decide each day which one of these things you will do!
Listen to you spirit, your mind and your body. There are always tell "tell" signs of what your higher true self is calling you to do.
Trust that if your inner self tells you that you should go back to school while seeking employment. Trust if your inner self tells you to act on that dormant business plan you have had sitting in your drawers for years. Trust that if your innermost true self tells you to leave that exhausting and toxic friendship or relationship and start rebuilding a new you.
It is time that you listen to yourself. All of the answers are within.
Best Job Search Site
What is the best job search site
Final Action Plan
If you have decided you want a job Here are your 30 day steps to success
- Register for all major job search sites ie; hotjobs, monster.com, indeed.com, careerbuilder just to name a view
- Register and attend all local and semi local job fairs.
- Apply for a minimum of 50 jobs everday monday-friday.
- Always answer your phone in a professional tone
- Social Media- Set up a linkedin account and network online
- Contact your College Alumni office and ask for assistance with building connections or if there are any job fairs.
- Register for Direct Hire Staffing Companies
- Add a professional headshot to your career profiles if possible.
- Get a free website on webs.com and build a publicly displayed resume
- Order business cards that show your headshot, career objective, desired job titles and salary and the link to your webs.com resume and your facebok/linkedin social media links.
- Have at leas 2-5 resumes on you at all times.
If you are interested in starting a business or finding a work from home opportunity, I suggest checking out your state small business association. You can visit www.sba.gov and you can sign up for a program called "SCORE" which is free advisement from retired business executuves.
Lastly take a look at Tory Johnson's www.womenforhire.com This is a great resource for direct sales, or work from home opportunities. I think both women and men can benefit from her information.
Never give up. You are here for a reason, you can do this!