- Business and Employment»
- Customer Service & Satisfaction
Funny Customers-Part I
Customer Service- How to deal with customers
Hello fellow Hubbers! I hope you are having a great week. I just thought I'd share some funny things from my new but temporary job.
I'm a tax preparer with one of the tax preparing companies you see around your town. I won't name which one it is, but just know that it is one of the big ones. We usually offer cookies, coffee, soda, water and crackers to customers when they first come in our office. Some of my coworkers have had some funny experiences since I have started and just want to share them with you.
1. A man came in to get an estimate on how much he would be getting back from the IRS. Our receptionist asked him if he would like something to drink. He was told what he could have and he asked if there was any wine in the refridgerator.
Our receptionist said ,” Uh, no sir, sorry.”
2. The same man, after filling out the preliminary paperwork, went back to see one of my coworkers who is also the office manager. She would be preparing his taxes. Mind you, this lady is Muslim (Moslem) and wears the whole Hijab and Burkha from head to toe.
So the tax preparer begins to tell him about how our services are 100% accurate and he would be 100% satisfied with our service. The man stops her and says, “Well, if I'm not 100% satisfied, will you sleep with me?”
The lady was shocked but told him politely, “No sir!”
3. Another man came in and did his taxes with another lady in our office. This lady is getting over an infection in her face and eye, but it looks like someone punched her in the face. After the man left with his paperwork, he came back and said,”If your man is beating up on you I can take care of him for you.” He then said, “I can come over and you can cook me dinner sometime.”
This lady explained her situation with her face and then politely told him that she was married but thank you for the offer.
4. Our owner's wife was also hit on by a customer. He flat out asked her if she would marry him. She was shocked but said no extremely politely, telling him that she was already married.
So far, those are the funny things going on in my office. I am sure we will have more funny happenings in our office, which I will definitely share with you all. So please stay tuned!
As always, comments, thoughts and ideas are greatly welcomed!