- Business and Employment»
- Employment & Jobs
Games To Play When Bored In The Office: Desktop Basket Ball
Office games don't have to be destructive
Working in an office environment can be the death of you:
- If you just do your job you'll go mad
- If you do anything else BUT your job your boss will go mad
Sometimes it is a fun idea to come up with a game which passes the time whilst allowing you to complete your work at the same time... many times however, these games can have undesirable consequences.
Desktop Basketball is an office game you can play however, without causing too much havoc amongst your colleagues. So for you softies out there looking to pass the time... read on.
- 1 Plastic Cup, (Often free from the water cooler)
- Several Sheets of paper, (Screwed into balls)
- 1 Sheet of paper, (For scoring)
- 1 Pen, (For scoring)
- 1 Pin
How to play desktop basketball
Using the pin, attach the plastic cup to the wall of your cubicle. This game only works for more than one player if there is shared space, as both players need equal access to the plastic cup.
Taking it in turns, flick a ball of paper towards the plastic cup. Each ball which lands in the cup is a point.
Many people have played desktop basketball to cure boredom at work. Different versions of the game have been as follows:
- Important Document Basketball: This involves replacing the plastic cup with the communal office bin, and the screwed up scraps of paper with important documents. This variation has been the cause of many dismissals
- Upside-down Cup Ball: This is played in the same way only the cup is pinned to the wall upside down. Nobody has yet managed to score a point whilst playing this version of the game