- Business and Employment
Gather Digital App Resource
Within the conference planning world, many tools and resources are available to us in order to make our clients experiences better. Currently, the biggest resource in the industry is having an app service provided while attending a conference. Many things are provided through the app during the conferences. Although it is another expense, it allows our clients to feel more engaged in the conference.
If you follow the posts, there is a product review post that talks about the company Gather Digital. Since Gather Digital is the only app service my company has used, the descriptions of each function will be given. *Doing much research before choosing Gather Digital, we found that generally each app service provider is very similar with packages and product selection.*
Package for Purchasing
Using Gather Digital Attendees Mobile (The Essential "Gathering") package includes many features and descriptions will be given. These descriptions are from Gather Digital directly and will be aimed from the customer point of view (you).
- Agendas- Also known as the Agenda, Events or Schedule, this module allows Customers to enter the scheduled sessions during the event, including start-time and end-time, location, speakers, related Web links and presentations, session categories, a general description, and more. Locations may be linked to Google maps or to custom graphic maps within the Dashboard.
- Attendee List- An attendee list may be displayed within the app. Attendees may be tagged with relevant group terms, such as industry/specialty, region etc. to allow end users to sort, search and filter the list for relevant people. The conference planner may include photos, bios and other attendee information. The conference planner may also choose to allow attendees to send messages to each other and enter personal profiles about themselves. The attendee-to-attendee messaging and attendee profile features require the attendees to authenticate with Gather Digital.
- Contact Exchange- Attendees may create virtual business cards and share those virtual business cards by allowing other attendees to scan a QR code located within the app. Attendees may view their collected virtual business cards in app and add them to their Contacts app on their mobile devices. Requires attendees to authenticate by entering their own email address and a password.
- Dashboard- Home screen of the Mobile App
- File Cabinet- Places to store files given during the sessions
- Info items-Customers may enter logistics information in custom categories; this might include hotel information, transportation information, dress code.
- Maps-: Customers may have jpeg images of floorplan, street-level or other maps displayed
- Attendee to Attendee: Attendees may send messages to each other in the app without knowing other attendees’ email addresses. Requires attendees to authenticate by entering their own email address and a password.
- Broadcast (All, Groups, Individuals): Customers may enter messages to be broadcast to all attendees, groups of attendees, or individuals who have downloaded or accessed the app. If the Customer chooses this module, they may also choose to allow attendees to send messages to each other. The attendee-to-attendee messaging feature requires the attendees to authenticate with Gather Digital if there isn’t already upfront password-protection.
- Push Notifications: The conference-planning Customer may choose on a message-by-message basis which messages to “push” to end users devices, thereby triggering an alert. Requires attendees to authenticate by entering their own email address and a password.
- My Schedule- End-users may select events to add to their customized schedule. (For an additional fee, the custom schedule may instead be pre-populated with specific attendee/session information assigned by the conference planner.)
- Notes- End-users may take notes during the sessions and email the notes to themselves.
- Speakers List-
- Sponsoring and Advertising- Scrolling banners can be put on the dashboard of the app. Also advertising can be done the same way or through certain games.
- Surveys- The Customer may choose to have a survey tied to each event session or certain event sessions, and/or to have non-agenda based surveys under a Surveys button. The surveys are real-time. Once the end user completes and submits the survey by pushing the “submit” button in the mobile app, Gather Digital stores the survey results on our server. A survey results report is provided to the event-planning Customer.
- Social Media- The Customer may choose whether to offer end-users the ability to tweet, email, or post their individual Facebook Walls from the event sessions. Twitter feeds can scroll on the home page of the app.
- Videos- The Customer may choose to upload mp4-formatted videos to a specific Videos button. The first 15 minutes of videos is included in the pricing; additional minutes of videos can be added for $500 per 30 minutes of additional video.
With each application, there is a great upside to why our clients enjoy using this app. As a client of Gather Digital, my staff and I love the product of the app we have had issues with the customer service. Setting that aside though, their app product is amazing for the resources that it gives to my clients.
They have add-ons that cost extra if your want your clients to interact with the app a little more.
- Badge Game: With the purchase of the Badge Earning Activity Game, the Customer may choose whether to offer the end user a badge earning activity. The end user can “check-in” to agenda sessions or exhibitor booths designated by the conference planner according to rules set by the conference planner to earn badges designed by the conference planner. Badges may also be earned for completing certain activities, such as submitting a survey. Badges can be displayed on a Leader-board in the app and also on the attendee profile. In the case of the exhibitor booth check-in, the end user must enter a keyword provided by that particular exhibitor. The “check-in” for agenda sessions may require a code word, be time-bounded, both or be unverified. The Leader-board is available in a large-screen format as well.
- Discussion Board: The conference planner may choose to have a specific area in the app that allows attendees to post topics for discussion and comment on others’ topics for discussion. Posts and comments can be moderated or un-moderated at the conference planner’s option. Requires attendees to authenticate by entering their own email address and a password.
- Photo Sharing: The conference planner may choose to have a specific area in the app that allows attendees to post photos and comment on others’ photos. Posts and comments can be moderated or un-moderated at the conference planner’s option. Requires attendees to authenticate by entering their own email address and a password. Photos may be projected on a large screen or monitor provided by the conference planner.
- Pulse: The conference planner may have a dedicated area in the app for attendees to post answers to and vote on questions. End users can see the changing results both in-app and on conference-planner-provided monitors throughout the conference.
In the past my company used only the badge game and that went over for a handful of people, but the best part was it helped get our sponsors names out along with advertising for them. It kept our promise of exposure for them and they were happy.
© 2017 SK Forte