How to Get NBI Clearance (Police Certificate) Outside Philippines (Canada)
Getting a Police Certificate or NBI Clearance in Philippines is one of the most tedious task when complying a requirement whether it is for your work or visa requirement because of the time constraint and you have to wait for hours on the line. It is much harder when you are required of an NBI clearance and you are outside Philippines.
But it doesn't have to be. I recently got to process an NBI Clearance while I'm in Canada and although it's time consuming, it doesn't need to be hard.
1. Go to Consulate General of the Philippines in Vancouver located at 999 Canada Pl #660, Vancouver, BC V6C 3E1. They accept walk-ins.
2. Bring 2 photocopies of your passport, 1 2x2 ID picture in white background and $35 for payment. They accept cash, bank draft and money order.
3. Get a number and wait for it to be flashed on the screen.
4. The officer will give you NBI Form #5. Fill it up and pay on the cashier.
5. Return it on the window where you got the form to have your fingerprints printed on the form. Once done, they will return the form to you to be mailed to NBI Main office.
6. Although there's a name and address where you will send your form, it is better if you contact a relative or a friend in the Philippines to process it for you. It will take a month or more for the Clearance to be mailed back to you if you send it directly to NBI office.
7. DHL express is worth $92. Once your representative received the mail, he or she can go directly to NBI Main office in Taft. Your relative/representative may visit the office of the Electronic Data Processing Division (EDPD) for further assistance.
8. Once they have the clearance, they can mail it back to you.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2018 Life Under Construction