How to Get a Google Plus Business Page
Google Plus Pages - Intro
Google Plus Badge
Step-1 Signing up for a gmail Account (its a requirement)
- Skip to step 3 if you already own a Google Plus Account.
- Signing up for a Gmail account is required before you can get onto Google Plus.
- The info you submit into your gmail account must be accurate & official identifying info with respect to the Business Owner which should be you.
- Your new gmail account will become your future access to your Google Plus Account & the entire Google Network.
- (Keep your Gmail password safe & don't share it with anyone).
Top left corner of gmail inbox , look for + sign near user name, see the plus, click your name
Step-2 From Your Gmail Inbox
- Hit the + button where your user name is displayed (view image on right of the screen here --->).
- This will lead you to the Google Plus set up page.
- Here you will need to inform Google of your accurate user ID info & password, the user ID & password you set up in Step 1.
- (Business names aren't accepted here by Google's verification systems.)
Cool tutorial on getting started & profile settings
Step 3 Business Page - Getting started & Profile Settings intro
- Once your Google Plus account is ready, your on your way to getting started.
- First - gain access to Your Google+ account
- All Step 2 users should be on their account already, if not log back in to G+.
- Your Business Page will begin at the Create Page (image shown below).
- Which displays 5 Business Categories to choose from.
Pick a Category: (Referring to the image Shown below)(The Create Page has five rectangular boxes Titled)
- Local Business or Place
- Product or Brand
- Company, Institution or Organization
- Arts, Entertainment or Sports
(These active icon rectangular boxes once hovered over reveal info)
G+ Business - Create Page
Step 3 - Gaining Access to the Create Page
- Access the Create Page from your Google+ Stream page.
- Using an active icon titled Create a Google+ Page.
- Simply Click Create a Google+ Page icon to open up the Create Page.
- Shown in the image below.
- or when logged on Google+ follow this link (Google Plus Create Page).
- Note: only Google Plus users can access this Create Page.
- Go back to steps 1 & 2 if you haven't got an G+ account yet.
Look to the bottom right of your Google+ stream
- After creating the page from the Business category selection you made.
- You can now fully customize your new Business Page profile.
- This location is representative of your official business on Google Plus.
- Fill out the About section for your Business Introduction accurately.
- Any and all relevant content can be submitted as you choose.
- Relevant content are: photos, videos, & all future business postings submitted.
- An image for the photo submissions page can be seen below.
Business Profile - Photo page
Understanding 'Circles' - What are they
- Circles is new, & only exists on Google Plus & a whole new concept entirely.
- Before starting an account on G+ to get an idea of what Circles is.
- Try to think about Circles that people follow in life.
- Well that's pretty much what it is on Google Plus.
- Key difference here is how you interact with these circles.
- Since its a digital interface on the web, you gotta get use to it all.
- Just play around a bit, & beginning with your Google Plus account itself.
- Do this prior to getting into the business section, if you wanna truly master it.
- Communicating with others is also done via these circles by filtering.
- Once you get the hang of things and are familiar with the UI (User Interface).
- You will quickly find that communicating with new online technologies such as Google Plus is simply priceless. (There's no fee's related to use of Google+)
- It's soon to become today's online preferred method of choice for Businesses.
- Below is an image of what the new Business Circles looks like, Awesome stuff!
Things To know
- The Business Pages on Google Plus is for official Business Owners.
- Business Owners also have the option to create more than one page on Google Plus.
- Business Circles - you can now invite users from literally anywhere online.
- From Circles on your active G+ account (within your Business Circles).
- Via email Circles blasts (sending out invites to many times isn't wise here)
- New G+ users won't see a Circles synchronization of both accounts right away until they decide to start adding people to their Main G+ account Circles.
- Only those who accept your invites will see your stream posts & are the only ones you can form effective communications fourth & back, from the Business Page or Pages you've created overall.
- Accepted invites to Business Pages will appear on Business Circles Page and stream.
- This feature is also limited in how it can help locate other users to be added in the Business page account, unlike in your Main G+ account, which does allow for adding of up to 5000 users into your circles to start with, from a cool searching feature Google+ provides.
- There are website G+ badges for placement onto your official Business Sites, once you've got your Google+ Business Page set up, and ready.
- You'll find the options to get your badge, which is exactly identical to a FaceBook Like button, or a Tweet button.
- You also can create Google+ like buttons for your official website or blog locations that communicate from these Business pages your G+ business profiles daily posts. To do so try! Google+ User Feed, and there's other tools that work online as well.
- Good Luck!
Google Security Measures:
- Prior to accessing your new Business Pages set-up area, or Create Page your G+ account gets verified as explained below, so if it doesn't get approved the first time, you may need to supply Google with more accurate information about you & your official business, this is done for your protection.
- Google Plus Account verification - your G+ account goes through a rigorous verification process so that to protect your business & you from Identity theft.
© 2011 Mike Pugh