- Business and Employment»
- Employment & Jobs
Help Desk Interview Questions to get through windows helpdesk interview process
In today’s highly competitive world, it is not an easy task to secure a good job. While students enjoy a great time during their studies, it is the hardest time in their life when they start searching for a job. With globalization and rapid advancement of technology, there are several companies looking for prospectus applicants for tech support and help desk. However, young people lack certain skills to get through the help desk interview questions and fall behind, disappointed. The major concern with freshers is that they need to get a job within that year of graduation so that they get in as a fresher. Once the time goes by, you are not a fresh pass out and as days go by it becomes difficult to manage the time gap. However, there is nothing to worry about the interview process. Search the internet for some help desk interview questions and prepare well can easily get you through the interview process.
The first thing employers look in you is the confidence levels and communication skills. While help desk position requires a prompt and effective resolution, communication skills play a major role here. Be confident and try to be calm and composed. The first question you can expect is “Tell me something about yourself?” This is a common question asked in every job interview process, regardless of what position you are seeking for and help desk interview questions are not excluded.. Most people find it difficult to tell about them as they don’t know where to start and what to say. Prepare this part well ahead and start your interview process with confidence in style.
Help Desk Interview Questions
The first thing your employers want to know from you is the expertise you have in dealing with windows operating system issues. The company expects an expert resolution from your end to various windows issues. Here are some common help desk interview questions on windows operating system.
- What is the difference between the present windows version and the earlier one? For instance, windows 7 Vs windows XP
- What are the new features incorporated into windows 7?
- How to install the operating system from a remote server?
- How to configure outlook express or other mail exchange servers?
- What is imapping and how is it done?
- Creation, maintenance and technical issues of a roaming profile?
- what steps would you undertake if you encounter windows logon issues?
- Explain the steps to resolve master boot record issues.
- Setting up of a Wireless connectivity and issues related with it.
- What is the primary difference between an installer msi file and an exe file?
- How does a 7 layer model work?
While there are thousands of other help desk interview questions, it is important to know some common interview questions asked in the HR round or a non technical round to assess your communication skills and work experience.
- What is the toughest call you had to take on your previous job and how did you resolve it? For a fresher, what is the toughest situation faced in the college?
- How do you spend your free time?
- Whom do you adore the most and why? (Role Model)
- Where do you see yourself over the next 5 years?1
- May I know the main reason of seeking a job in this company?
These are some of the common questions you need to find an answer for, beforehand. Search Google for these help desk interview questions and take a print out of them and read them well. The next time you can walk out of the interview room with an offer letter in your hand.