Highlights of ONGC
ONGC is an acronym for Oil and Natural Gas Corporation founded on August 14, 1956 by the Government of India.
Important Facts about ONGC
- The Indian multinational gas and oil company has its headquarter in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India.
- The current CEO of ONGC is Dinesh Kumar Sarraf.
- It is responsible for producing around 62% of India's natural gas and 78% of its crude oil.
- It is one of the largest profit making PSU (Public Sector Undertakings) of India with market capitalization of around $60 billion.
- It has its branches at around 26 places in India as well as in 17 different countries.
- It has two joint ventures, namely, OTPC with Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services Limited and OPaL with GAIL and GSPC.
- OTPC is an acronym for ONGC Tripura Power Company. It is the biggest thermal power plant in Northeast India, while Mundra Thermal Power Station in Gujarat is the biggest plant in the whole country.
- OPaL is an acronym for ONGC Petro Additions Limited, which is a polymer industry.
ONGC MAIN PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- Crude Oil
- LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas)
- SKO (Superior Kerosene Oil)
- OVL is an acronym for ONGC Videsh Limited.
- It has its major projects in the following countries:
- Latin America
- Common wealth of Independent States
- Sudan & South Sudan
- Middle East
Awards, Achievements and Recognitions
- India's 7th most valued brand.
- Dinesh Kumar Sarraf is noted as the "Legend CMD of the Year, 2016".
- Received ICC PSE Excellence Awards 2015 for major contribution in different fields, namely, Human Resource Management, CSR and Sustainability, and Excellence in Research and Development, Technology Development and Innovation.
- Received Bhamashah Award for introducing Smart Classes.
- UN Bose, the former director, received Outstanding Achievement Award for E&P (Exploration and Production) contributions.
- Recognized as top international brand for online internal communications.
- Received Scope Excellence and Golden Peacock Awards.
- ONGC subsidiary, ONGC Videsh is voted as the Most Internationalized Indian Firm twice.
- Acclaimed as one of the greenest companies and most admired company.
- Received Dun and Bradstreet Corporate Excellence Award and Golden Peacock National Training Award.
- Considered to be one of the safest oil industries.
Preparing to get into ONGC?
There's not at all a long-list of mantras (tips) that will help you to get through ONGC exams and finally become a member of the company. Here are some most important points to be kept in mind:
- You want to be a part of this company? Prepare hard for getting a high GATE score. ONGC, most prominently, relies on the GATE score to recruit the graduates.
- Maintain a result of at least 60% in your graduation.
- ONGC also has certain medical examinations, which rather than writing few points here about the same, it is better to visit the PDF file.
- The company strict time limits for submitting application as well as the seats are also limited. So, make sure you apply for the position as soon as you find it.
- If you are selected, then prepare well for Personal Interview that, mainly, includes a well knowledge of your subjects and SWOT (Strengths Weaknesses Opportunities Threats). And yes, obviously, BE CONFIDENT!
- For experienced professionals, the salary ranges from 25K to 80K while for freshers, the range is 20K to 40K.
- If you are selected, you will offered a job either in India or abroad.
- The company offers opportunities at three levels, namely, lower, middle and senior in following categories:
- Computer Engineering and Programming
- Construction & Maintenance
- Electronics & Telecommunications
- Physics with Electronics
SUPPORT AND ADMINISTRATION
- Fire Services
- Finance & Accounts
- Industrial Engineering
- Materials Management
- Medical & Paramedical
- Public Relations / Corporate Communications
- Security & Vigilance
WARNING!! BE CAREFUL!!
If any site is offering you employment opportunities or a direct job for ONGC, consider it as a fraud or scam.
If you want to see the employment opportunities, then trust only the ONGC official site. The site is updated daily.
Also, do not forget to go through the following important links.
- If you are interested in applying for ONGC, then click her and check out the latest recruitments.
- If you have already applied and given your exam or interview, then check out the results here.
ONGC TRAINING PROGRAMS
- If you wish to get training at ONGC award-winning academies, then check out the following links:
- Both the schools are part of the "Institute of Drilling Technology"