How To Be a Great Phone Actress
Family Guy - Phone Sex
Phone Sex Operator
Do you long to be a phone actress? Do you even know what a phone actress is? A phone actress is a phone sex operator (PSO). And depending on what company you work for the money can be very good. If you have the vocal or acting talent needed to be a PSO and you do not mind talking sexually then this might be the job for you. There are many different companies out there looking for talented women of all ages but you must have the voice for the job. Here are a few tips on how to be a successful PSO.
- USE YOUR VOICE – If you have the voice you must use it. If you are able to change your voice this is even better. Then you can adjust your voice to the needs of the client. Your voice does not have to be drop dead gorgeous but it cannot be too shrill or too monotone. Your voice has to be able to create a sexy image. Work with what you have, you are an actress and the only tool you have is your voice.
- BE CONFIDENT – Confidence is your key to success. Take control of the conversation from the beginning. Do not stutter, hesitate or show signs of weakness in your call. Taking control guarantees longer conversations and longer conversations means more money. Once you get more experience taking control having confidence will become second nature and you will be so good that the caller will not even realize that you have controlled the conversation.
- NO BACKGROUND NOISE – Background noise can be very distracting to the caller. The caller is paying good money to talk to you and does not want to know or hear the music or television show you are listening to. They do not want to hear you cleaning the toilet or doing laundry. Nor do they want to hear your husband, kids, dog or what you are doing in the background. So make sure that there are no distractions that can be heard over the phone.
- GIVE YOUR TOTAL ATTENTION – To be a successful phone actress you have to give your caller your total attention. If the caller senses that you are not paying attention then they are apt to simply hang up. If the caller hangs up not only do you lose out on the caller at that time but there is no chance for a repeat caller. Repeat callers are important in earning top dollar as a PSO.
- TAKE NOTES – Take notes about your customer, this may sound silly but it is very helpful. The caller will feel very special if you remember little tidbits about them; their name, where they live or what they do for a living to name a few. Taking notes helps to keep everything in order and helps you to do better at your job. This is a great way to get repeat callers.
- FIND A GOOD COMPANY – Finding the right company is essential to being a successful PSO. There are many different companies to choose from and there is even the possibility to be an independent contractor.Find which situation works best for you. Maybe working for a company until you feel comfortable to go out on your own or simply starting out on your own. The choice is yours and depends on your needs.
- HAVE THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT – Having the right equipment is very important. You want a phone system that is easy for the customer to hear you and for you to hear the caller. Having a cordless phone with a headset is a great way to keep your hands free and keeps you from being tied to a certain location.Some head phones come with mute buttons and noise cancelling buttons which are great additions.
- THINK ON YOUR FEET/BE CREATIVE – Being a PSO means that you have to be able to think quickly on your feet. There are so many different types of callers with many different likes and interests. This means that you have to be able to adjust to these needs and here is where the “actress” in you will come into play. Being creative is a great way to make your customer happy.
- BE FUNNY – Being funny can help the caller to be put to ease. Do not force it just use it as an icebreaker or to make your caller and you feel more comfortable. Having fun can make the call go much easier. Humor can be very sexy if used in the right way and can make for a very successful call.
- DON’T OVERACT – Even though you are a telephone actress do not overact. Overacting can be unappealing so stick to acting and try to be yourself. Going to the extreme can also ruin the fantasy for the caller. You want to act but you also want to be accommodating and believable to the caller. Find what works for you and use it.
If this sounds interesting to you then maybe you are ready to give good phone. Take these tips; have fun and make money all at the same time.