- Business and Employment»
- E-Commerce & How to Make Money Online
How To Increase the Domain Authority of Your Site - SEO Guide
What is Domain Authority
Domain Authority has been discussed a lot in Search Engine Optimization field. I know that there are already a overflow of content existing on this subject regarding “How to improve Domain Authority?”, “Improve domain authority” etc. So, we will discuss our take on Domain Authority and will describe how and why it performs. Whether it’s about marketing or getting provides for compensated content, domain authority issues a lot.
It’s a measurement which after Google’s web page-rank is the most efficient technique of evaluating the significance of a web site. And as per my knowing I think domain authority is a better overall signal of whether a web site is of a high top quality or not!
Domain Authority represents Moz's best prediction for how a website will perform in search engine rankings. Use Domain Authority when comparing one site to another or tracking the “strength” of your website over time. We calculate this metric by combining all of our other link metrics—linking root domains, number of total links, MozRank, MozTrust, etc.—into a single score.
Checking Domain Authority with opensiteexplorer.org
- Submit Complete Sitemap to Google for Better Search Engine Optimization(SEO)
This article describes how you can generate a complete sitemap of your website/blogger using an online sitemap generator. Then submit the sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools, Bing and Yahoo for more efficient crawling
Recommended SEO 2014 : Search Engine Optimization Guide for 2014
Like The Alexa rank measurement by The alexa.com, Google differenciate websites by pagerank & determine position for search engine result page. In the same way, Domain authority is given by SeoMoz.
It is an indication of how well a web page or your blog/webiste will position search engine results page.Domain authority is measured using a logarithmic range. E.g http://hubpages.com has page rank 6 and domain authority 88 now. You can also check domain authority for your blog or website from SEOMoz or other domain authority checker SEO tools. This implies that a individual can quickly go up from say a 10 to 20 or 30 ranking but to go from 60 to 70 or greater would be challenging.
The biggest value is an ideal 100 which we need not to say, only Look for engines and maybe a few others have achieved!
There’s also another measurement by Moz known as Web page Power. The distinction between both of them is that Web page authority is not site-wide. But domain authority is site-wide for all the sub websites and main domain.
Steps to increase Domain Authority :
1. Choosing Good domain name : Domain name is also important. If you choose any keyword added domain but long tail keyword domain, it would not be good.Say if you are selling ebooks online from India & you are choosing domain name like sellingebooksonlinefromindia.com is not a good domain.
You should choose sellingebooksindia.com or indiaebookseller.com like professional and short domain name. Domain age is also important. If your domain age is mroe than 2 years or above it, your blog URL is very well indexed among all search engines. If you can not wait untill your domain getting old, you can also buy domain from godaddy auctions or other domain seller who selling old domain names.
SEO Video Course For Backlinks & Keyword Ranking
2. Building Backlings : Backlinks is important in SEO but remember, quality backlinks only helps you to rank in search engine results page as well as improving your domain authority. You can build quality backlinks for your blogs from high authority sites.That will help you to get good pagerank on search engine result page and ranking for your keywords.I would suggest try to get links from different sources rather than all emanating from one.
Like getting backlinks fro YouTube, other popular video sharing sites, popular image sharing sites, popular social networking sites or bookmarking sites for backlinks. This way once you are getting backlinks from high authority blogs, your blog will start pulling on on SERP and domain authority will be up within few days.
3. Writing Quality Content : Writing evergreen content that is all time searched on internet, is the best option. It is suggested that you write 1000+ words article per week and rest of days if you write with less words, its okay. I would suggest you to write all articles above 500 words. That will be help you more to drive traffic as well as ranking.
Use less competition keywords on your articles with high search. So your articles will get ranked for those keywords and whenever anyone search for those keywords, your blogs comeup on the first result.
Interlink your contents between each others. If you are using WordPress, than try SEO Smartlink WordPress Plugin.It will interlink your articles automatically.
- Top SEO Tips to Recover From Google Panda
If your blog has affected by Google panda affect,you can try this SEO tutorial for your blog to get quick recovered from Google Panda.
Recommended SEO Guide for Perfect Search Engine Optimization
- How to Boost Traffic To Your New Blog & Posts
This hub will give you a secret to drive and boost traffic to your blog as well as hub easily.The Search Engine Optimization(SEO) tips help you to pull your blog listed on top at search engine result page.
- How To Make Money Online Without Blog or Website
This hub will explain you the basic and best tips that helps you to make money online even you don't have any blog or website or any online setup.
4. Good Site Navigation Structure: Try to add good related posts on each pages. If possible, add related posts with images below each posts. So when user finish reading your one post, if he/she looks at related post, your blog reader will go to those links to read another articles. This way you can ultimately increase pageviews of your blog as well as internal linking would build high authority for your domain.
It is recommended that you use at-least one or two backlinks from your own blog, e.g. internal pages. So that you can maintain good ratio of internal links vs external links from your post.
for example : Your domain name is example.com
You are writing article say how to increase domain authority.
You might have writter article about SEO or traffic and your post might contain those words. Try to get those links to your site(example.com) and interlink that with your current post.
From my past 4 years of experience in SEO and blogging field, I have found that if you use 70:30 percent ratio of your backlinks internal links:external links. It will be a good sign of onpage SEO for your blog.
Recommended SEO Strategies 2014 For Panda and Penguin Affected Blogs
- How To Start Money Making Website
This ub will explain you how you can start with money making website with easy step.You can start generating money from your website after 30th day of its launch.
5. Producing Content Assets : Last Few days, I have seen my personal blog's traffic got down by 90% in 2014. Its new year gift from search engine to my blog. I researched what's problem causing this and making my blog's traffic down.
I implemented my personal SEO experience into it and recovered my lost traffic again, you can check the below screenshot for the statement of my last 30 days traffic from Google analytics on my WordPress dashboard.
What I did is made all external links nofollow and then wrote 1000+ articles every week. This is the best thing I did in last 50 days. Another thing is that, I have got backlinks from few high authority blogs by commenting on them as well as writing quality guest posts on them.I submitted my blogs again to most of the search engines.
Few more SEO tips I implemented on my blog to get recovered my blog from that blog traffic down problem in 2014.Those you will find on my upcoming hubs. I will consistently write good articles that I learned from my personal experience about SEO, so all peoples would get knowledge from my personal experience.
I am not perfect but I am trying to be.