- Business and Employment»
- Marketing & Sales
How To Keep A Networking Group Going
Being A Great Moderator!
Things about a great networking group and how to be a great Moderator!
1) Care more about the people than the product or service that your group offers. That also means care more about the members of the group and their ideas, products and services more than even yours.
2) Lead from a passionate emotional and mental heart-mindset. Passion is what leads the group. Although your passion must be balanced! If your lead is too cerebral, and without heart you get dryness. If you have too much heart, but no plan, you get a lack of focus.
3) Encourage others to participate. As a moderator, your role isn’t to dominate the group, but to facilitate it. Group participation gives all an opportunity to feel purpose.
4) Don’t let shy people off the hook. Some members don’t like the public spotlight, but over time those members become grateful as their confidence increases.
5) Rotate the themes of each week. Having a meeting every week is great, but when members come to expect the unexpected, they become more loyal and energized.
6) Be consistent. Your group feeds off your energy.
7) Don’t be afraid to let others lead and bask in the light. A few times a year, let others lead the group with you. It is a way to give and receive gratefulness.
8) Always welcome everyone, even if they own a business likes yours
9) Bring in guest speakers. Not all people can be a part of the group due to other commitments, etc., but if possible outside speakers add to the “realm of all possibilities.”
10) Never forget the basics, a good networking group acts for the group first. It is all about Together Everybody Achieves more
11) The purpose is not to sell to each other, but for each other. A great networking group follows the following philosophy, create great relationships, leading toward a foundation of community and commerce will naturally follow.