- Business and Employment»
- Employment & Jobs»
- Employment Advice & Tips
How To Overcome Workplace Anger?
Emotions play a significant role in human life. Among all the emotions, anger is a strong emotion that leads to complex problems if not checked in time. Therefore, one needs to control the anger and senses first. Anger is such a strong feeling that compels one to lose control over oneself. A person who goes through the strong feeling of anger resembles a blind person who does not know the proper way to reach the destination. Anger often takes the shape of undesirable violence which does no one good.
Anger in the present scenario
Today, people get angry very easily and this problem is influencing a good quotient of the present population. People rely less on the exchange of gentle words to solve problems. Instead, they get angry in simple circumstances and ends getting violent which not only affects others sentiment but also their own goodwill. If one tries to do an analysis and try to reach the root of the problem, one may find that one big cause of this is frustration. As human beings, everyone has a certain amount of unfulfilled wishes or wants. When these wants does not meet to the expectation, disappointment affects the overall psychology and a disturbed mental condition erupts as a violent anger.
Causes of anger in office
One spends some of the valuable hours of life in office to win the daily bread-and-butter. Therefore, it is important to build a good reputation of oneself where one has to present regularly. A small lapse or mistake from one's side may degrade the fame which takes years to build on. Therefore, one should avoid oneself from unnecessary problems that may come in the way. First, one needs to understand the reasons for problems or what causes anger in office so that one could prevent oneself from becoming a prey to it. Here, a layout of some of the causes of anger in office is as given below:
- Going gets tough when one goes through the problem of wrath in the workplace or office. Though there are different reasons for going through the phase of anger in workplace, some of these deserves a special mention and to an extent those are reasonable too. For instance, anger in workplace may relate to the difference in opinion with the co-workers, employee harassment or because of working under a dominating boss. But if angers related to these, provoke one to behave or act in aggression or unfriendliness then such behaviors go through serious criticism.
- Sometimes isolation or separation from others may lead to depression. Some of the conditions that lead to separation in workplace are not getting much value or respect from colleagues or friends, not getting proper praise and admiration for the hard work one does and so on. These undesirable feelings develop over a period of time and when these erupts in the shape of anger it may lead a person to commit mistakes. Simple mistakes like speaking rudely with the colleagues, giving less attention to work, lack of concentration in work and sometimes shouting violently on others leaves behind a deep scar on the mind of the people. These may lead a person to awkward situations of life and quite often people commit mistakes that lead to legal processes. There are many examples in regular life which justifies this fact about people who goes through the feelings of anger.
How to overcome workplace anger?
Firstly, one needs to understand and accept that violence originates from wrath or temper. It is anger which compels one to think about revenge. But one should understand, if one commits crime to take revenge then he may have to commit several other crimes to hide his crime. The human mind never rests in peace without resisting to personal insults. For instance, if a boss in an office makes a fun of his employee in front of other employees, the employee may feel disgraced and insulted. When he returns home he may not share this with anyone but he may think about the incident several times. Sometimes, this may even disturb his sleep and he may dream about taking revenge from his boss. If he wakes up in the morning with a relaxed mood then everything becomes fine. On the contrary, if he could not forget the insult then it may compel him to commit things which he should avoid doing. One may overcome the anger at workplace by following some simple anger control techniques:
- Forgiving others mistake: If anger surpasses its limit then it may bring in problems. Uncontrolled temper may lead one to commit freaky things like murder. The best way to overcome this is to forgive others mistake. It would also help if one avoids people who aggravates things for him and make him feel uncomfortable.
- Taking time to think logically: One good way to deal with extreme anger is to take time and think reasonably. One should think for a few seconds before acting, reacting or speaking in those difficult or awkward situations of life. This would help one to avoid unnecessary conversations and thus falling in the ugly trap of unwanted wrath.
- Churning out a plan: Sometimes, it is the circumstances that make one aggressive and react in an unfamiliar way. It is in this situations one should try to divert the mind in concentrating on positive thoughts like planning how to spend the rest of the day or how to reach office in time. For instance, if one is in a long queue and if it makes one mentally agitated then one should think about anything positive related to his life that could successfully draw his attention away from the situation.
- Doing workouts regularly: It is said that a healthy mind rests on a healthy body. One should do exercises regularly which helps to relax the mind. Besides, yoga and meditation are the approved ways to bring in mental peace. A continuous effort and will-power would help one to have a control on the mind which would be crucial in curbing down emotions like anger.
- Leading a healthy lifestyle: It is the healthy lifestyle that counts when one thinks about leading a healthy and sound life. One needs to accept this rule first before going for any other ways to control one's temper. It is said that a poor lifestyle leads to a poor health which in turn results in problems like stress, depression and temper. One needs to learn how to manage stress, tension and depression to live a better life. So one should take the initiative today to accept the rules of healthy living.
Hence, if one goes through the lean phase of anger, he should try his own unique ways to get away from it. These would not only help one to lead a successful life but also to reestablish oneself as a suitable employee in the corporate world. Besides, one also needs to play a vital role in nurturing the future society free from the problems of anger. Yes! One can help the children to grow up into a complete individual by raising them calmly and patiently. This would help them immensely when they grow up and lead a life of their own. They would learn to manage life coolly and patiently even in the adverse situations of life