How To Sell Items Using Craigslist
Use The Internet To Make $$$$
Have You Ever Used Them?
Have you ever used Craigslist?
Selling with Craigslist
Making Cash Online with Craigslist
If you are looking for a way to make money online or to make some extra money, it is easy and free to sell items on Craigslist. Just follow these simple steps, and you will be making extra cash in no time. Also, mention whether your items are new, mint condition or used when you post a listing for sale. Craigslist has millions of customers daily and their clientele is steadily growing. Be sure and create an account when selling items so it will be easier to log in and edit your merchandise rather than having to start from scratch.
1. Create An Account: To create an account with Craigslist, you need an email address, and a bank account that will be linked to the pay pal account. Just note ,that if you don't have enough money on the pay pal account, whatever card you have the pay pal card linked to whether it is a credit card or debit card, it will take money from there. When you are creating an account, make sure and use a name and password that is easy to remember. You will want to create a password that is unique to you.
2. Take Pictures: Make sure you take pictures of the item, that you will be posting on Craigslist. It is a good idea to have the best possible photo of the item for sale. Make sure you have good lighting, not a lot, if any clutter in the background. You do not want to confuse the buyer. You want to make it clear what you are selling. This will make it more attractive to the buyer. Post at least two pictures per item to give the potential buyer a great look. Take as many pictures as you need to because, unlike many websites Craigslist is completely free.
3. Fill Out All Information: Be sure and put a full description of the item you are selling. Include whether the items are used or new, mention the color, size and make of the item. You will need to include information such as any defects or other information you want them to know. There is a large box to write a nice description of the item. This is the chance that you have to tell anything and everything about the item that you are selling. Research the item before listing the item. This will allow you to make sure you do not undercharge yourself or worse, overcharge the buyer on the item your listing. Make sure your headline is appealing and grabs attention. You also want to attract the proper customers. This will allow you to sale your item as quickly as possible. Remember, if your customer has questions about the item, then they may just move on to another ad that has all the proper information posted. You do not want to lose a sale to someone else because you left out an important detail. Craigslist is a free online service so utilize every line and detail to describe what you are selling to the very best of your ability.
4. Load Pictures: Pictures are truly worth a thousand words. This is the only way that any one will be able to see what you are selling. Pictures will give the buyer more confidence that they are getting the items that they want and are looking for. They may then have specific questions about the item so, this will spark questions and hopefully a phone call saying that they want the item. Take several pictures from different angles and only post the clear pictures with the most detail.
5. List Item: When listing the item list the city, state, email address and phone number to contact you. This is very important and very easy to forget. Note** you can not sell the item if the buyer has no way to contact you. Remember to include a great description of the items and don't forget those pictures. Always factor in shipping and handling with your item. When possible on smaller size items pay the shipping to impress potential buyers. Remember a first impression is what's important if you want to sale your merchandise in a timely manner. I personally do not ship any items. I either meet the person in a public place or if the item is too large, the agreement is made and they can come to my home to pick it up.
Be sure to give feedback and a proper thank you to encourage others to buy items from the buyer. You can put that you had a pleasant experience with that particular seller. Always be as descriptive as possible about anything your trying to sale. The key to a quick sale is good communication between you the seller and the buyer. It will only be worth your while by answering or returning all calls from customers.
NOTE: As soon as an item sells, you will need to go to Craigslist and remove the listing. Potential customers get a bit bent out of shape when the item is still listed but, is no longer for sale. Just log into your account and click delete to the left of the ad that you need removed. Always give customers multiple ways to contact you such as email, text messaging and phone number.
Make Cash With Craigslist
Ways To Sell on The Internet
- Pros and Cons of Running A Business
One of the pros about running your own business is that you get to be your own boss and set your own hours. A con is that you incur a lot of expenses when owning your own business.
- How to Maintain a Safe Workplace
This article describes ways to keep your workplace safe for the employees. Wet floor signs, clutter free office space and unblocked fire exits are just a few of the things detailed in this hub. Pictures, you tube videos, polls and commentary are list
- How to Get Men to Take You Seriously
This hub documents the problems many women face in the workplace. The way a woman dresses and carries herself has a lot to do with how they are treated. You tube clips, pictures, polls and commentary are listed in this article as well.
- How to Advertise in an Economic Recession
This hub describes some of the ways you can advertise during a money crunch. Sending e mails and advertising on free online sites are ideas to save cash. Pictures, polls, video clips and commentary are listed in this article as well as other ways to
- Using Ebay To Make Money
This hub describes how you can use EBay as a means to make money. Selling household items is a great way to get started. You tube videos, pictures, polls and commentary are listed in this article as well as other facts and information about selling o
- Tips For a Successful Small Business
this article documents some of the ways to help make your business grow. Pictures, you tube videoes, polls, maps and commentary are listed in this hub. Business cards, Flyers, Internet advertising and word of mouth are featured in this hub as well.
Making Money Using Craigslist
© 2013 Buster Johnson