- Business and Employment»
- Employment & Jobs
Tame Your Mouth For It Is One Of The Gateways To The Heart
The Words We Speak Plays A Role In The Success Of Business And Employment
The mouth is a tool which each and everybody has to use daily to communicate with others. Communication is therefore paramount in Business and in Employment.A good business person should be a very good talker. Through the tool of his mouth he should be able to convince, persuade and convince all rolled into one. While if they engage it properly it may earn them respect and recognition, if wrongly put into practice may end up driving away the would be customers.The mouth with a simple word may cause destruction and havoc and at the same time the same mouth with a single word may bring harmony and understanding between people.
It is therefore very important to learn to speak well, courteously and in a polite manner. To be pleasant and quick to apologize if the other party feels offended should go along way to build character and good customer-business relationship.
Words said by themselves may be of very serious destruction to the world only comparable to missiles and bombs of a very high magnitude. You may call somebody an elephant for example. As soon as the one called an elephant receives the word, he automatically starts to behave like an elephant. Likewise you may tell your customer to go to hell and rot there. Immediately those words are out of the mouth that customer starts to see hell. He begins to rot in the inside even though you might not see it from the outside. You have already created havoc in the life of that other person. You have pronounced diseases in the life of that customer which will make him rot from inside. You have killed him and also lost that customer forever.
Biblically it was only the word from God which made things come into being. He just let it be and it was. The same also happens in us. We need encouragement as humans. We need to be treated as humans- with respect and the courteousness we deserve.
Words are also said in secluded places and to a spouse or child may have a great impact on the community and the world at large. You might be the person who is annoying all the time. You quarrel and fight your family comprising of your wife ,maid, gardener and your two children. These five bitter people go out and replicate what you did to them at home to about ten people each. Before 10.00 a.m, each of the sixty people replicate it to about twenty and above people of which some are on the internet especially the social media. By evening, nearly the small quarrel that started in the bedroom of a single person finds itself in the whole world. That is the more reason why we should cage our mouths.
It s the high time we should start spreading love and lovely words to those we encounter with. Let us appreciate their work and their contribution to the society. Appreciate the landlord, butcher, maid, client, insurance broker, your boss and your employees.Appreciate your wife and children. Give them a cheering word.Tell them they are great. Appreciate the man and his donkey or dog. You may not like the animals yet the other person does then do appreciate them.
How Should We Use The Power Of Our Words?
- Be polite and courteous when you speak to people. Avoid arrogance and speaking abusive and foul words. Whether you are highly placed or low placed, you are first human and other things do follow.
- Instead of curses proclaim blessings. When you bless these who hear you do respect you without demanding any respect from them. The same blessings that you proclaim in the lives of others do indirectly filter back to you.
- Do you know the importance of words like, 'Am sorry', 'Excuse me' and 'Thank you'?
The words may look very simple but they carry with them much weight.Those words do melt amounting anger. Those words may stop a war and bring about peace.those words do amend broken relationships. Those words are great. Do you employ those words?
- Avoid being quarrelsome. Quarrelsome people are bitter with other people. They are bitter with the world. In fact they carry the whole world on their shoulders. It is too heavy for them. In fact they suffer more than those they quarrel with. Being quarrelsome may also bring you diseases like ulcer and others. Try to avoid all those things that make you quarrel.
- Never do something bad just because the other person is not seeing you. Very many people become abusive and quarrelsome on the internet or the phone.They believe that since the other person cannot see them then they can get away with it. Never do that.
- Try to spread love to all. The only way to being loved is through you loving.The route to true happiness is to make others happy.If we speak well of others then others will speak well of us.