How to Avoid Verbal Attacks, Intrigues and Slugs in Workplace or in Office
This hub or an article is tailored to help you weather verbal attacks and slugs that are always present in any types of jobs.
The setting in a workplace can indeed be likened to a movie, here, you can see drama unfolding (emotions building up like relationships and friendships or perhaps some shares of triumphs or defeats), thriller (yikes, not to mention the ghostlike under the table dealings which can always stir controversy at the end), action (hehehe real life arguments that will in turn, morph to yelling, quarrels or even worse a fight). And just like the actors and actress in movies, in workplace it is always filled with intrigues and oftentimes the poor targets are the rookies and those goats, hahaha, low performing personnel as it is. If you are subject to attacks from all over the place, I think you are in a situation where your job is considered toxic, and you are in a deep hole or even in a pit.
Anxieties and pressures will be mounted, and they are like guided missiles as they head towards you to inflict powerful blows to your performance, damaging as it is, they can even shatter you and your self-esteem apart.
Here are some useful tips to conquer or overcome the verbal attacks vehemently lashed out in you:
- So you are the subject of attacks from your colleagues, don’t worry, most people who made intrigues or other forms of attacks, are signs of insecurities such as afraid of competition, being lazy and incapable. Most of the time people try to turn off the lights out from other people to conceal weaknesses, inconsistencies and ineptness.
- When you are thrown with some hurtful brickbats and criticisms, think of any tree that bear fruits. Always remember that a kid will only hurl stone(s) to a tree that is teeming with fruits. If you are being attacked this means you are something and they feel like they are threatened.
- This is the best way to gauge if you are at fault or perhaps the problem is really you: When most of your colleague are harmoniously pissed off, and angry or not contented in unison with your lackadaisical performance. If most people are not pleased with you, it is about time to make the necessary changes and adjustments to pull through. Assess your pitfalls, weaknesses and strengths. Do necessary adjustments on your part. Research about work ethics and ways to get along well with other people especially with your colleagues. Working in a hostile workplace is stressful and definitely not fruitful, it is always better to be humble when at fault, and besides life is a continuous learning process.
- You can always approach the individual(s) that attacks you but be very sure, though, that they are the ones that initiates this unfair actions. When approaching you adversary don't to be in a fiery combat mode, try to be gentle, tamed and professional in handling. Talk over on how to overcome barriers and why they are hurting your feelings. Try to be diplomatic as much as possible. If the crippling attacks is going out of proportion and dealing you too much damage already that it affects your work, this is about time to talk to your boss about the problems. You cannot work well if you are bothered and for sure your productivity and efficiency as an employee will surely experience a decline.
- One of the best weapon you could utilize is by knowing how to deal with other people well in a workplace, or in office. Human relations like getting along well with co-workers, accomplishing tasks that beat or made the deadline all the time, contributing well to the success of the company, and following constantly the rules and regulations of the company, are truly important wherever you work. Bear in mind that talent and wit, are not enough, but you can always utilize or take full advantage of the art behind human relations to level the playing field.
- Saving the best for last is this valuable tip, that is, performing to the best of your abilities at all times. A strong performance will surely destroys doubts and slugs thrown against you, as it solidifies your stance as an effective employee. There is no way you can put a good man down, and redemption will only comes when you did all your best to come out with exemplary performance and all always dishing out satisfactory outcome. Be reliable, committed, and always do what is right. This is a potent weapon to smother criticisms, and jealousy.
Good luck I hope this wil help you in a way, though...
Feel free to read these thought-provoking and compelling hubs: