How to Create a Professional WEBSITE with Blogger
Do I mean Blog?
In case you're lined up to try to correct me, the title is what it is. I don't mean creating a blog, I mean creating a website with Blogger. Now that may sound kind of difficult to do and very costly, but this can actually be done free of charge, unless you want to have your own custom domain name. Creating a website with Blogger gives you many great benefits for free that you would never be able to get with an actual website.
One of the things I would like to point out is the amount of bandwidth you have. With Blogger, you get an unlimited amount of bandwidth to do whatever you want. Turning Blogger into a website looking blog may pay off more if you were to create an actual website because you're saving big on web hosting and domain names. Most web hosting companies will not allow you to get unlimited bandwidth, unless you're paying an arm and a leg for their services.
Another thing (most important) is the fact that it's free! There is no better price than that lol. So why not take advantage of this service?
Get your Domain Name
Creating a custom domain name is the traditional method here, but if you want to save money by using free domain names, then there are a few resources listed below that you can use to get free domain name redirects to your original blog subdomain.
- FreeDomain.Co.Nr- Get your free redirect domain name .co.nr extension. Redirects to any url of your choice.
- CO.CC- Another destination for free domain names. Get a free domain name .CC extension
- ShortURL- This service is mainly used for people into affiliate marketing to protect their earnings and affiliate links, but it can also be used to redirect people to your long Blogger subdomain.
There are way too many destinations where you can get a free domain name redirection for your Blogger subdomain to list, so instead if you would like a larger list of places to go to register free domains, visit http://www.emailaddresses.com/email_url.htm
Since most people in the Internet marketing business have a Google Adsense account, I won't list the obvious thing of saying you need a Blogger account because your Adsense log in credentials can be used for Blogger. If not, then you know you have to create an account with Blogger.
Go through the simple process of setting up your blog and publish it live on the Internet. It doesn't matter what template you choose to publish your blog with because you're gonna change it anyway. These templates are "too bloggy" if that's a saying, but you get the point. It's time to find some more exciting templates to use for your Blogger website. There are quite a few resources where you can find some free Blogger templates to download, or to simply copy the HTML code. Note: Some templates will host ads since they are free
- Blogger Templates Free- Professional templates, free of charge. Users vote and rank these templates, making it easier to choose the best theme.
- B Templates- Free professional looking templates.
- Blogger Buster- Free templates for use with Blogger. Most templates here look like traditional blog templates, but others look extremely professional.
- Pyzam- Offers templates for free use for Blogger
If for some reason you do not want to use the free Blogger templates from these websites, you could always create your own. http://psyc.horm.org/
Get rid of the blog look
Now that you've changed your template and your domain name, its time to change that annoying blog comment and dating system that comes after every post you make.
To hide/remove comments from your Blogger Website, go to settings>comments. Select hide. Comment Defaults for Posts>select new posts do not have comments
To Disable date/time when posting, select layout>Select edit under blog posts and uncheck the options that you do not want shown.