How to Create a Profitable Membership Website
Membership Websites are very popular with the Guru's because they are profitable. However, you must offer valuable content and insight to get and keep members|subscribers. Are you an expert in a particular industry? Do you have a special gift or hobby that others would like to learn more about? Here are some tips to consider before starting your own membership site.
- Membership Fees: Your membership fees should be inexpensive to introduce potential subscribers to join your website. As new members join your membership website you can increase your fee. It is better to increase a fee rather than decrease a fee. You can collect fees monthly, quarterly or once a year. You should research fees of other membership fees in your industry or niche' before you decide on a fee. Always give your members a choice of payment plans. And offer them discounts if they sigh up for a year. According to a friend who is a coach never use Paypal for a professional membership website but use a payment service that offers Visa, MasterCard, Debit Cards etc., check with a local financial institution such as a credit union.
- Marketing your Membership Website: If you are considering a membership site, more than likely you already own a blog(s) or website(s) and you have always given away some valuable content such as free downloads, e-reports, e-books, white papers, videos or book chapters in exchange for a name and/or email addresses. You probably are already using your list to keep in touch with your subscribers if so, then it will be very easy to invite them to join your membership site. However, if you haven't been emailing your list it may take time for you to build trust with your subscribers. I suggest that you begin sending your email lists blog updates on a consistent basis.
- Offer Something Unique: Offer members services that differentiates
you from other memberships websites like tee shirts, one to one live coaching for a reasonable fee, guest webinars, interviews with other gurus, podcasts, a business directory and live events.
Smart Member Bundle is the newest Membership Site
4. Maintaining Members: In order to maintain members, you should offer valuable tools, rich content, videos and information and insight that is very helpful. Start a group on Linkedin or a private Facebook group as a forum for your group. Moderate your members questions and concerns. Offer regular updates to members and encourage them to share information about your site with others they know within your niche'.
5. Membership Websites: The Smart Member 2.0 Bundle comes fully loaded with:
- Smart Member 2.0, Bridge Pages,
- Speed Blogging,
- DPP 3.0, (Dark Post Profits 3.0)
- DPP 2.0, DPP 1.0,
- FB Comments Manager Software, 15,000+
- FB Ads Database
- 2 VIP Tickets to the Create Capture Convert Conference in Las Vegas in January!
Price: $997 One-Time Fee or $397 x 3 payments for Lifetime Access (Retail Value $5,000.00)
Maintain a public relations campaign to keep your website visible and in the public domain. Have fun with it and you will be amazed how many people who will seek you for information and advice. What kind of membership site will you create? Keep me posted on your progress.
Read this related article on How to make income with Revenue Sharing Websites.