- Business and Employment
How to Make Money Off Craigslist- The Affiliate Marketer's Guide
Why Craigslist Affiliate Marketing?
I could honestly say I would bet my lifetime savings that you have been on Craigslist within the last year. Actually, not only that you have been on Craigslist, but that you were on Craigslist either; looking for something to spend money on, posting something to earn money from, or looking for a job.
Lately, Craigslist has become one of the most popular job databases that the unemployed or unsatisfied work force search. With that being said, it has opened up a huge profitable and reliable way to make quick money from affiliate marketing.
You've probably seen something similar to what I'm about to teach you the last time you were browsing the jobs offered in your city on Craigslist. There is one drastic difference though, and I will explain that right after I explain my method versus the methods you have already seen.
Why Craigslist is Perfect for Affiliate Marketing
As I mentioned above, Craigslist is a very popular job database that has millions of users searching it daily for employment opportunities. As an affiliate marketer, you are most likely promoting some form of a "work at home" program or opportunity. This makes Craigslist an unbelievable source of targeted traffic (people who are interested in joining what you're selling). Targeted traffic leads to a lot more sales, and Craigslist has proved this for me firsthand.
Other Reasons Include:
- It's free.
- The results are quick.
- It's a very easy and simple process to post to Craigslist.
- You don't have to have a website to make money as an affiliate through this route.
- Freedom for you to try your own version or different products to see which works the best.
- Anybody can do it. Even if you aren't an affiliate marketer you can do it. I will link you to a guide later in the hub that will teach you step-by-step how to do it in less than 20 minutes.
A Little Motivation
I haven't explained what exactly you will be doing yet, but I have given you the reasons why affiliate marketing on Craigslist is a great idea. What I will be teaching you has had me earning up to $170 a day.
If that's not a little motivation to keep reading and to give it a shot, then I don't know what will. I think you are much better off trying out this affiliate marketing on Craigslist idea, rather than searching all day and night for a "get rich quick" or "one click wonder" scheme that doesn't exist.
What You'll Be Doing
Affiliate Marketing on Craigslist is a simple three step process that is free and prosperous if it is done correctly. I'm going to save all the blah-blah and get straight to what you'll be doing because I know that's all you're interested in!
In a Nutshell
You will simply be posting an ad on Craigslist as an employer (to the job offered section). The ad will be of a program you are an affiliate for that offers the employee (whoever responds to your ad) an opportunity to make money. You will reply to all of the responses you get with your affiliate link (your way of making money) and when someone buys your program through that link, you will get a commission (around 50-75%).
That's literally the entire process. It's that simple, but yet also very effective if you follow the right steps, pick the right program, and respond in a professional manner.
What Best-Selling Craigslist Job Offer Interests You the Most?
Finding The Right Program for Affiliate Marketing on Craigslist
One of the biggest aspects to making good money through affiliate marketing on Craigslist is picking the right program to offer. The best programs will be very interesting to the people viewing your ad, have a very converting and professional looking sales page, actually work for anyone who buys it, and have a low refund rate.
Since you are posting to the job offered section of Craigslist, you want to make sure your opportunity provides a definitive chance of making money for the people who buy. If your program doesn't allow the user to make money, it will get flagged and you can ultimately become banned from posting on Craigslist.
The Best Programs Tend to be:
- Paid Survey Opportunities
- Social Media Jobs
- Affiliate Marketing Programs
- Article Writing for Money
Of these top programs for affiliate marketing on Craigslist, the best selling ones tend to have:
- A low entrance fee (maybe even a free offer)
- Offer a bonus for joining (some survey companies offer $50 bonus for completing your first survey after joining)
- Positive reviews written about them
I'm NOT teaching you a way to scam people by any means via Craigslist. You need to be providing people with opportunities that will help them or you will have the joke played on you in the long run. If almost everyone refunds, you will never make a cent from this method and your affiliate program will most likely ban you from using them as well.
If people even think your opportunity is scam like they may flag your post. If your post is flagged for any reason, it will not be available for people to view. If you have a bunch of posts get flagged, Craigslist will then not show any ads you ever may post..even if it's not in the job offered category.
Programs NOT to offer:
- MLM (Multi-Level Marketing) schemes. These are also know as pyramid or referral marketing schemes. It's when you pay to join and then get paid to get other people to join, while you share sales with the people above you.
- Programs you know do not work. If you know the program doesn't work, don't post an ad for it.
- Very pricey programs. If you post a pricey program, you will not make any sales. People are on there looking for a job because they need money, so pricey programs will not convert.
- Scam-like sales pitches. If a program has a very low quality or scam-like appearance on the sales page, then you will most likely get flagged and won't make any sales.
Choosing the right program is a majority of the process, so pick wisely!
Type of Program
Possible Hidden Link
Paid Survey Opportunity, Paid Surveyor Needed, Short Surveys, Big Money
Survey Opportunity, Get Started Here, More Information, Join Now
Social Media Jobs
Get Paid for Facebook, Need Help on Social Media, Get Paid to Play on Social Networks
Social Media Opportunity, More Info., Start your Social Network Job Here
Online Marketer Needed, Big Commissions Easy Sales, Online Sales Position
Learn More Here, Marketing Position Info, Start Earning Here
Creating the Ad and Responding
I'm going to keep this portion short and sweet, because your individual creativity will set you aside from the rest of the people who try this affiliate marketing on Craigslist technique. The first portion of the process will be creating your ad on Craigslist.
To create your ad:
- You need an account on Craigslist linked to the email you want the responses to go to.
- You go to post an add.
- You click the job offered option and click I will abide by these guidelines.
- Next, you pick which sub-genre you want to post to. I suggest marketing or general labor, but you may choose otherwise.
- You create your title and body of the ad (I have a sample list in the table to the right to give you an idea).
The body of your ad:
- Should make people want to respond. Make it very interesting and don't give too much information, but do explain generally what the opportunity consists of.
- Don't make any promise of any sort of money they can make, but you can throw in an average earnings number.
- DO NOT PUT YOUR AFFILIATE LINK.
- Tell anyone interested to reply to this ad for more information and to get started.
- Do not put how much the opportunity costs or that it costs at all.
When somebody responds to your ad, you should reply as professionally, personally, and quickly as possible. You do not want to sound like someone who is desperate for them to pay to join the program (they'll think scam). You want to sound professional so that they know this is a legitimate opportunity and not the run of the mill online work at home BS. You'll want to respond personally, meaning you should day their name when replying to them.
A little sample:
Thank you for your interest and responding to our job opportunity via Craigslist.
In order to get started or to learn more information about the opportunity, please visit the link below.
(Link hidden behind text, see table for example)
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
You've just done all the work.
That's all there is to it, ladies and gentlemen. Now all you have to do is sit back and wait to see if they buy. Continue responding to anyone who replies to your posting, posting a new ad and renewing your previous ads every 48 hours (that's the rules), and watch your commissions from affiliate marketing on Craigslist start adding up.