- Business and Employment»
- Small Businesses & Entrepreneurs»
How to apply for Electrical Supervisory Licence in Maharashtra, India?
What is Contracting Business?
An independent contractor is a natural person, business, or corporation that provides goods or services to another entity under terms specified in a contract or within a verbal agreement. Unlike an employee, an independent contractor does not work regularly for an employer but works as and when required, during which time he or she may be subject to law of agency. Independent contractors are usually paid on a freelance basis. Contractors often work through a limited company or franchise, which they themselves own, or may work through an umbrella company.
Contracting job may include:
- Civil Contracts
- Mechanical Contracts
- Electrical Contracts
- Services provider other than Engineering
- Supplier of goods
Types of Jobs
Scope of the Electrical Contracting Work in PWD, Maharashtra State:
1. Electrical wiring installations
2. Erection & maintenance of Lifts
3. Erection & maintenance of pumping sets
4. Erection & maintenance of Transformer sub- stations
5. Air conditioning and cold storage systems
6. Sound system
7. Erection & maintenance of Diesel generating sets
8. Erection & maintenance of Fire alarm & Fire fighting system
All of the above works are executed through Licensed Electrical contractors who are registered with PWD Electrical in desired class
Are you interested in starting electrical contractor business, but you don’t know where to start?
Starting or buying an electrical contracting business involves many essential steps. Legally, you must ensure that you apply for and receive the correct licences.
you need to understand how the industry works, what things you need to consider in your planning, and the legal requirements you must meet.
Market research can help you to:
- understand the industry
- assess the viability of your business idea
- identify key factors that could affect the success of your business.
Rule 45 of IE Rule 1956 makes it mandatory to carryout all electrical installation works through Licensed Electrical contractor. The licenses are issued to the agencies working in the field, by Chief Engineer (Electrical) PWD.
Before applying to Electrical Contractors License, one should have Competency Certificate as an Electrical Supervisor and should have worked using this Certificate on certain number of contracts.
Let us see eligibility criterion to apply for Competency Certificate as an Electrical Supervisor:
- For Engineering Graduates:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized university.
- One year of Experience in Electrical Field in a Company or under an Electrical Contractor.
- For Diplomas:
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Two years of Experience Electrical Field in a Company or under an Electrical Contractor.
Do you find this information useful?
- First of all you need your Degree/Diploma Original and Attested copies of Certificates and Mark sheets.
- Experience Certificate or Proof of Employment. This may include Service Certificate, Relieving Letter, NOC or Experience Certificate from your Employer.
- Application Form to apply for Certificate of Competency as an Electrical Supervisor. This can be obtained from PWD office in Chembur, Behind Fine Arts Gallery. For your convenience I have uploaded Photographs of the Form.....You Are Welcome!!! you can take print out of it and fill it.
- Fill the form.
- Get the Form C filled from your Employer and Get proof of employment.
- Get your documents attested from a Gazetted Officer.
- Get the Documents such as form, proof of employment, educational qualification verified from Electrical Supervisor or Officer who sits in PWD, Bandra office. Don't forget to get it written on your application that documents are verified from that officer.
- Pay the fees in PWD office, Chembur, behind Fine arts near Chembur Station. Get the Receipt.
- You will require Postal stamps worth Rs. 45(Rs. 35+ Rs.5+ Rs.5), Two small Brown Colored enclosures and one Big A4 size Enclosure with cotton layer inside. Your Name and address should be written on these enclosures. Along with these submit your application and documents to PWD office near General Post Office, CST. Name of this building is Nirman Bhavan.
It is expected to receive the Certificate in 1 to 2 Months
Step 1. Get the form from PWD Office, Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra
The PWD office is in the backside of The Fine Art Society, Chembur (E). here, go to 3rd floor using lift and get the application form.
Step 2. Verification by the Officials of Electrical Dept. in PWD office, Bandra
Step 3. Payment of fees in PWD office, Chembur
After verifying documents from officials in Bandra, one has to come back to PWD office, Chembur and pay the fees of Rs.400. Get the receipt!!!
Step 4. Form Submission
Along with Receipt and attested copies of documents the application form should be submitted in main PWD office near General Post office (near CST).