How to Get Avon Customers
How to find Avon customers
The following are some tips on how to get Avon customers or customers for your other relevant direct selling business such as Mary Kay.
1. Don't be shy. Once you make the decision to sell your product, you should stand behind it firmly and be proud to talk it up to everyone you know and don't know.
Certainly, you will want to keep in mind that some places of business have "no solicitation" policies. Nevertheless, you can generally assume that if you are a patron at a business location, you should not hesitate to casually mention your own business as well. Here are some examples of this.: If you are dining at a restaurant, then at the very end of the meal, while paying your bill, you can politely ask your waitstaff if it would be okay for you to leave an Avon brochure, business card, & samples with him or her.
Another example among approaches to the question of how to get Avon customers is that when you are on the checkout line at the grocery store, you can offer the cashier some Avon information when the transaction is complete and you are receiving your receipt. You do not want to discuss Avon while it can be distracting for the cashier that is ringing your supermarket order up but after the transaction is complete you can ask, "Is it okay if I leave a Avon brochure, business card & product samples with you?" & hold the items out with your hand for the recipient to take them. It is quite possible to get Avon customers this way as well as through other scenarios of business to business connections.
2. As you wonder how to get Avon customers, you should not hesitate to wear a name badge with the company logo on your clothing or coat lapel. This walking advertisement can draw attention and help you to strike up a conversation with someone who already loves the products and has been looking for a Avon Representative to buy from.
Use both your Avon online store and your Avon catalog to get Avon customers
3. Some representatives have Avon on-line stores to help to draw in more Avon customers.
4. Generally, in solving the puzzle of how to get Avon customers, your hard copy Avon catalog makes for a very effective "store". To advertise, place your catalogs everywhere including but not limited to:
- doctors' offices
- mechanic waiting areas
- corporate offices / business office parks
- supermarket and coffee house community bulletin boards
- hair salons
Hosting Avon Parties as a way to get Avon customers
5. For Avon Representatives, a popular choice among strategies when learning how to get Avon customers is to host a Avon party or Avon open house where you will feature your Avon products and give people an opportunity to purchase them on the spot. You should be careful not to spend too much of your own money on the foods and drinks to entertain at your Avon party or Avon open house.
Minimizing start up costs, providing Avon samples and going door to door to get Avon customers
6. It is often said that it takes money to make money in business so while signing up to sell Avon is at nominal cost, you might want to invest some money in business cards and advertising. Sources of free advertising would be the most lucrative kind to look for. Business cards can be purchased at a very reasonable price at www.vistaprint.com. Town and Country is also a recommended website for Avon logo products such as T-shirts, tote bags and your name tag.
You will find that internet marketing is also very important and with your Avon on-line store, you would be able to provide shipping via UPS to anyone in the Continental United States so don't hesitate to post on-line ads for beyond your local area. Effective free on-line ad sites include.:
Many people that choose the Avon opportunity are also stay at home parents. So, on-line forum advertising at websites such as the following can also prove very lucrative.:
www.wahm.com (Work at Home Mom)
As you try to get Avon customers, you will find that social media marketing is an instrumental part of the Internet marketing. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest are among websites that can help you to promote your Avon business online, in a social way. You can interact with both the people you already know as well as many you do not know as you promote your Avon business with posts that include your business related content. All of this will help among approaches to the predicament of how to get Avon customers.
7. Generously provide samples to the prospective customers you approach. Often times, someone is very interested in trying a product but they have no idea what it is really like and do not want to risk the purchase. When you provide your samples, you can also remind customers of Avon's risk free return policy when they do purchase products.
8. You might choose to adorn your car with a bumper sticker or door magnet that states that you sell Avon.
9. While intimidating, going door to door to sell your product is a tried and true method for success. You might choose to do this with a Avon team member. It might be more comfortable for you. Keep in mind that there are also no solicitation policies in place against going door to door in some cities, towns and/or specific neighborhoods. Some small business owners need to pursue additional permissions, securing permits to able to legally utilize the method of door to door solicitation for sales.
10. Once you have gotten a potential customer's interest, attention and contact information, be sure to follow up. Avon offers lots of training materials and one of the most important things they will tell you is that the majority of success is in the follow up.
11. Be forthcoming with your Avon customers in asking for their help with referrals and letting them know how much you would appreciate it. You can ask each Avon customer if they know a couple of friends who would also be interested in the products such as lip glosses, lip sticks, or perfumes. You can offer some kind of incentive such as a small free gift to them for giving you referrals.
I hope these tips have been helpful for you.