How to get Avon customers
How to find Avon customers
The following are some tips on how to get Avon customers or customers for your other relevant direct selling business such as Mary Kay.
1. Don't be shy. Once you make the decision to sell your product, you should stand behind it firmly and be proud to talk it up to everyone you know and don't know.
2. On your clothing or coat lapel, wear a name badge with the company logo. This can draw attention and strike up a conversation with someone who already loves the products and has been looking for a Representative to buy from.
Use both your online store and your Avon catalog to get Avon customers
3. Some representatives have on-line stores to help to draw in more customers.
4. Generally, your hard copy catalog makes for a very effective "store". Place your catalogs everywhere including but not limited to:
- doctors' offices
- mechanic waiting areas
- corporate offices / business office parks
- supermarket and coffee house community bulletin boards
- hair salons
Hosting Avon Parties as a way to get Avon customers
5. A popular choice is to host a party where you will feature your products and give people an opportunity to purchase them on the spot. You should be careful not to spend too much of your own money on the foods and drinks to entertain.
Minimizing start up costs, providing Avon samples and going door to door to get Avon customers
6. It is often said that it takes money to make money in business so while signing up to sell Avon is at nominal cost, you might want to invest some money in business cards and advertising. Sources of free advertising would be the most lucrative kind to look for. Business cards can be purchased at a very reasonable price at www.vistaprint.com. Town and Country is also a recommended website for Avon logo products such as T-shirts, tote bags and your name tag.
You will find that internet marketing is also very important and with your Avon on-line store, you would be able to provide shipping via UPS to anyone in the Continental United States so don't hesitate to post on-line ads for beyond your local area. Effective free on-line ad sites include.:
Many people that choose the Avon opportunity are also stay at home parents. So, on-line forum advertising at websites such as the following can also prove very lucrative.:
www.wahm.com (Work at Home Mom)
7. Generously provide samples to the prospective customers you approach. Often times, someone is very interested in trying a product but they have no idea what it is really like and do not want to risk the purchase. When you provide your samples, you can also remind customers of Avon's risk free return policy when they do purchase products.
8. You might choose to adorn your car with a bumper sticker or door magnet that states that you sell Avon.
9. While intimidating, going door to door to sell your product is a tried and true method for success. You might choose to do this with a team member. It might be more comfortable for you.
10. Once you have gotten a potential customers interest, attention and contact information, be sure to follow up. Avon offers lot of training materials and one of the most important things they will tell you is that the majority of success is in the follow up.
11. Be forthcoming with your customers in asking for their help with referrals and letting them know how much you would appreciate it. You can ask each customer if they know a couple of friends who would also be interested in the products such as lip glosses, lip sticks, or perfumes. You can offer some kind of incentive such as a small free gift to them for giving you referrals.
I hope these tips have been helpful for you.