How to apply for Social Security System Number in Philippines
SSS E1 Form
- One (1) SS number per person, the SS number will be your lifetime number.
- In order to qualify for coverage, you must be engaged to occupation (you must have a work Part Time/Full Time/ etc.) subject to SSS coverage.
- PRC Card
- Driver's License
- Seaman's Book
- Voters ID
- Student or School ID
- Company ID
- TIN ID
- Postal ID
- Transcript of Records
- NSO Birth Certificate
- NBI Clearance
- Go to the Nearest SSS Branch on your location and request for two (2) copies of E1 Form or Download it online.
- Fill up the required fields except for the SS NUMBER field located on the upper left of the E1 Form.
- Fall in line and wait for your turn (some SSS branch give you a line number).
- Submit your E1 Form, Photocopies of Required Documents and Birth Certificate, they will also ask for the original copy for them to check it.
- Wait for your E1 Form copy (estimated time of process if less than 5 minutes). SSS will issue your SS number on your E1 Form copy.
- Please note that your SS Number is for lifetime used, never lose it, and keep it secure.
- That's all!
Once you have your own SSS Number, you must be an active member in order to meet the Social Security requirements for coverage and eligibility to benefits.
You cam contribute depending on your current status:
- Employes (Your employer will be the one to process your SSS Contribution)
- Household Service
If you have lost your SSS Number, go to the nearest SSS Branch for them to search for your Number.
I'm not affiliated with Social Security System. This HUB is based on my own experience and for personal questions and inquiry.