How to improve your Instagram and Pinterest marketing?
First of all, lets talk about your articles and that marketing thing called: Social Engineering Optimization, or as it is known in the blogging world: SEO. The reason why you should begin your marketing journey and grow a larger audience, it is by starting to look at the way your articles are written and edited, it is because those are the ones which your audience will look for. Any other social media platform is only a tool in your hands.
You write articles nearly everyday and accompany them with great photos, but you are not getting traffic. You want to find out what you are doing wrong, because, who would not love to read your articles? Maybe you are not reaching them, or maybe your readers are not loyal. Make a change, and get more traffic to your blog and posts. Find out what are you missing in these 5 steps.
Save your money and be your own social media manager by following these tips.
1. Create articles that are easy to read — do not use too much metaphors of phrasal expressions. Be simple.
2. Create a feeling of getting smarter, stronger, better — everybody loves to learn something new that will help him/her to grow in his/her most beautiful self.
3. Create long quality posts — if you can. If you can’t write long articles because you don’t have that much to share, or you don’t have much information, write it short. Quality comes first.
4. Be consistent! — write whenever you can, whenever you are inspired, whenever you feel like writing. If you don’t have something to say, do not push yourself into writing something because you will lose in quality. If you have written an article that day, but you have another great idea, you can always write the article and put an automatic self-publishing date.
5. Learn about SEO — the new marketing technique that will get your word out there.
The Best Hours on Social Media: When to post What?
Social Media is a real thing and it is not going anywhere except for growing and growing. In the earlier days you could only be read by others if you were to publish on a well-known magazine or newspaper. Nowadays you just need to build your fan base and post at the peak hours. Oddly enough, marketing scientists have worked on finding the best hours to post on social media and most of them are not what you thought they should be. For example, I never thought that people would love to check their social feed during lunch! I mean lunch hours are for eating and enjoying your food and in my opinion, this happy hour would not work well with social media feed scrolling, but I guess I was wrong, or is it just me? Anyway, check the best hours to share online, so you don't make the same mistake as me. Plus, the marketing strategy is not only about when to post on social media, but what to post as well, because different weekdays call for different kind of posts.
According to a study, there are certain contents that share best on certain days. So on Mondays it is fitness day, on Tuesday gadgets, on Wednesday quotes, on Thurdsay outfits (think fashion, street style), on Friday gifs, fun notes, on Saturday travel, places, hotels, tickets, and on Sunday food, recipes, sweets.
The different days call for different subjects, so once you have written that strategy somewhere and arranged your posts to follow that marketing strategy, now it is time to share the strategy of when to post on social media for better engagement.
There is a study about which mentions that the best hours to share on any social media are the evening hours, exactly from 2pm to 8pm, so basically after lunch. The reason is that those are the hours when most people take a break or come home and want to rest, or are waiting to go out at night so they check social media for news, inspiration, how to-s and other stuff.
If you are to schedule your social media with sites that make it easier for you to share a lot of content at once don’t forget to focus most of the sharing-time during the evening. Although, it may work differently for you, it doesn't hurt to give this a try.
So give these tips a try for a couple of weeks, check your analytics, and then edit to your own schedule of when and how your posts perform best.
How to ace your Instagram marketing game?
Instagram is one of my most favorite social platformes because you can create a neat profile, you don’t have to read anything if you do not feel like because you consume the information by photos and thirdly: it is the best place to get inspiration from. My tips on how to promote yourself on instagram are:
- Think about how you want to establish yourself as. Do this by writing a short descriptive bio like: style, travel blogger / writer on ____.com / etc. In simple words: spill what you do
- Decide about the content you want to share and the message you want to spread. Ex: if you are a travel blogger share photos of amazing places, the food, the experiences, the skiing/swimming/diving/alpinism, etc.
- Create a neat profile by choosing a subtle shade for your photos like a filter you prefer most. This gives the impression that every photo is linked with the other. I also posted a set of 3 photos to show that I changed the filter.
- Like others photos and if you love it, leave a comment. Like photos even by people you do not follow: find those into the search area. Also check what people you follow are liking because you may find amazing inspiring content.
- Never spread hate. People will read those comments and they will definitely unfollow you.
- If you are reviewing a product, be transparent. Do not just share for the money. Building trust is the foundation of growing.
Instagram Stories will soon round up to one year of being part of the Instagram features. If you are not already posting your own stories, then you are losing ground to the bloggers and freelancers and business people that already are. No matter what you think, people do actually check those stories all the time, even though it may look like that is just one more feature that wastes your time. Well, if you have not noticed, people love to waste time, especially by checking what others are doing, or not doing. So keep in mind to keep that particular feed updated. You will be surprised to how many views you will actually get!
What is your favorite photography platform on Social Media world?
How to ace your Pinterest marketing game?
Pinterest is another platform where I get major inspiration, especially for diy projects.
- Create specific boards for specific content. Pin your photos, including description and links. Infographics, quotes and beautiful makeup, travel, food, diy photos share best, so keep these in mind.
- Check pinterest popular pins. You will get ideas on what works best on pinterest and what people are into in that certain period. Although some areas of interest never change like: beauty, cooking, health hacks and fitness.
- Put four of your best boards or the ones you want more followers on, on your first row, because that’s what everyone who checks your pinterest profile looks at at first.
- Accept invitations to be part of group boards only for boards that have more followers than your profile does and those which post content you also pin on your personal profile. This is the best way I grew and keep growing my followers. You can check here. Nowadays I am getting almost 1k followers per day, which 1 year ago, I did not thought was possible!
Pinterest is the real deal and the only social media tool where you can actually go viral! So, if you do not own an account there, go open it and start building your profile. If you have an account but you are not active, log in and start arranging and editing your boards and start pinning stuff you like. In no time you will realize that pinned photos on Pinterest do go viral, and will be constantly shared and liked even after years!
© 2017 Enchi