How to properly Describe the Preloved or Used items that you're selling online
Providing an honest description of whatever you're selling online is very important because this serves as a guarantee that the actual appearance and function of the item meets the online buyer's expectation.
Descriptions and its meanings
1. New with Tag--These are your belongings that are still Brand new, smells new and was never worn or used. These are usually the stuffs that were given as gifts and for some reason you weren't able to use it. So it was just sitting in a corner of your house with its tags on it.
2.New without Tag--Still new stuffs, smells new, unused, maybe sealed but doesn't have the tags on it.
3. Excellent Used Condition--Categorized your preloved items under this description if the items are in a like new condition. With few lints but still looks new. Like, gowns that was used one time, Shoes that was tried on but doesn't fit and got some unnoticeable scratches, clothes that was forgotten in the closet and became a dust collector but were never worn, Stuff toys that was displayed on a shelf for sometime.
4. Good Usable/Working Condition--Your preloved stuffs will fall under this type if it has some noticeable usage signs like more lints, scratches, minimal fades in color ,few mended flaws, but still functions its original purpose. Like toys with scratches, strollers with faded canopies.
5. Good Condition with Repairable Flaws--These preloved/used items are those that still serve its purpose but have few flaws that can be repaired or has some parts that needs to be replaced at a minimal cost. such as; broken zippers of bags, some missing buttons on a blouse, broken LCD on devices-depends on the model, missing screws in a Furniture, used vehicles that needs new paint or needs new tires , etc. As long as the item can still be used and will function perfectly after minimal repairs or after replacing some parts, it can be under this description.
6. Good for Parts only--Describe your preloved/ used items for sale as Good for parts if you're items are defective or doesn't function as it should but some parts are in good working condition. Some examples are devices with forgotten passwords, broken bikes, old monitors etc. Use this description too if you don't know if your used items will still work or not.
7. Scrap--Describe your preowned items/seconds as Scrap if it is not usable, can't be repaired, doesn't function as it should, totally worn out, can best fit at the dumpsters but you still want to earn a penny for it.
It is always better to Check on your preowned stuff's condition properly before posting it for sale online to avoid confusion on the online buyer's part and would generate more customers and more sales on your part, as the seller. Have a great day!