ArtsAutosBooksBusinessEducationEntertainmentFamilyFashionFoodGamesGenderHealthHolidaysHomeHubPagesPersonal FinancePetsPoliticsReligionSportsTechnologyTravel

How to set up Business in Singapore

Updated on March 29, 2011

Set up Business in Singapore


Ways to register yourself in Singapore

Registration as government supplier – Is this the next step for your business

Being an established business in Singapore, the next legitimate step for you might be to register yourselves as government supplier in Singapore. If you have a proven financial track record and been in the business for some period of time, it is time you thought about this important step for your business.

What does registering as a government supplier entail?

Registering as a government supplier, will help you bid for government projects as and when they are announced. There are specific steps involved in registering yourselves as an approved government supplier.

Singapore Business set up


Steps to Register as Government Supplier in Singapore

Here is detailed information on how you can easily set up your business by registering yourself as an approved supplier for Singapore Government. Each of these specific registrations come with certain criteria for registration where companies such as Servolve can help you through the process of getting you registered as a government supplier.

1. What is the first step in getting my business registered as a government supplier?

The first step in getting your business registered as a government supplier is to apply for and get a GEBIZ Trading Partner Account.

2. What is a GEBIZ Trading Partner Account?

A GEBIZ Trading Partner Account is a specific login user name and password which is meant for all government suppliers; this allows you to bid and tender projects as well as allows you to access archives of tender and quotation awards.

3. What is EPPU?

EPPU is the Expenditure and Procurement Policies Unit. This unit is in charge of evaluating whether suppliers of goods and services have sufficient financial resources to undertake Government contracts.

4. How is an EPPU registration relevant for me?

An EEPU registration is relevant for you for some specific government tenders - as you can submit your quote only after registering yourself as an EPPU registered government supplier. To get an EPPU registration, you need to be registered as a GEBIZ trading partner first.

5. What is BCA?

The Building and Construction Authority (BCA) evaluates and approves Government contracts for all construction and construction-related Supply Heads.

6. When is a BCA registration relevant for me?

Suppliers must be registered with the BCA (unless otherwise specified in the tenders) in order to take part in construction or construction-related Government projects.


    0 of 8192 characters used
    Post Comment

    No comments yet.


    This website uses cookies

    As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

    For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at:

    Show Details
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the or domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)