- Business and Employment»
- Marketing & Sales
Internet Marketing For Newbies: Google Adsense
Google Adsense is an awesome, amazing tool that can make you a lot of money for doing very little work. That is, once you understand it and the techniques that go into making it work for you. Google Adsense is a program through Google that has you put advertisements on your website and in return you will get paid every time someone clicks on one of the ads.
When I first began internet marketing I made the beginner mistake of just slapping ads where ever I wanted and expected them to make me money. But I found out that there is more to it than that.
One very basic tip is do not add Google Adsense to your website before it is finished. Google Adsense ads are generally based on the content of your website. If you put Google Adsense on a page that has nothing on it, Google will simply send random ads to that page. But it won't change as soon as you update your page. It could be days or even weeks before Google crawls your site and tells Adsense to run a different set of ads that are more relevant to your site.
Another tip is to read the Google Adsense Terms of Service before you place your ads anywhere. In case you don't want to read through all the legal mumbo-jumbo, here is a quick breakdown of what you can not do with Google Adsense:
- Pornography, adult or mature content
- Violent content
- Content related to racial intolerance or advocacy against any individual, group or organisation
- Excessive profanity
- Hacking/cracking content
- Gambling or casino-related content
- Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia content
- Sales of beer or hard alcohol
- Sales of tobacco or tobacco-related products
- Sales of prescription drugs
Sales of weapons or ammunition
- Sales of products that are replicas or imitations of designer goods
- Sales or distribution of coursework or student essays
- Content regarding programs which compensate users for clicking ads or offers, performing searches, surfing websites or reading emails
- Any other content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity or infringes on the legal rights of others "
When I was new to internet marketing I hadn't read Google Adsense's TOS and made some mistakes. Luckily I caught them before Google did and saved my butt. Hopefully that list will help keep you out of trouble as well.
Google pays out once per month and you have to have a certain amount in your account otherwise it rolls over to the next month and you have to continue building on that amount. Even if you reach the amount where Google pays out, you still have to wait until the month is over to be paid. If you selected to get paid by check then you must have $100 built up in your account and Google will take $10 for having to pay you by check. If you prefer to be paid via Paypal or direct deposit into your bank account then Google pays out at $10 and there is no charge to you for that.
If you want more information on Google Adsense and how you maximize your profits with a passive income then you should check out sites like Internet Marketing For Newbies.