Best Job Openings in the Minneapolis Market Area
Largest Employers in the Twin Cities
- Target Stores
- UnitedHealth Group: Large insurance group, including Medicare and Medicaid
- Best Buy
- 3M: Physicians' and surgeons' equipment
- Coustic-Glo International Ceiling Maintenance
- U.S. Bank
- Mayo Clinic: Famous medical and research organization
- General Mills: Cereals and other products
- University of Minnesota
Minneapolis-St. Paul Market for Jobs and Business
Top 10 High Demand Jobs in the Twin Cities
All of the following job titles are in Healthcare or Insurance positions.
- Nurses: All levels and certifications, including CNAs
- Physician Assistants
- Specialty Physicians and Surgeons
- Medical Assistants
- General Practice Pediatricians
- Claims Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators
- General Internists
- Family and General Practitioners
- Medical Records and Health Information Technicians
Jobs Increasing by Highest Percentages
- Temporary Agencies: IT managers and Analysts, Administrative Assistants, Virtual Assistants, Website Design, and Data Entry
- Swift Transportation: Truck Drivers, Owner-Operators, Mechanics
- Telereach Corporate: Sales, Telemarketing, IT
- Mayo Clinic: Healthcare and IT
- STI: Surgical technologies
- Ameriplan: Insurance Sales and IT
- UnitedHealth Group: Healthcare and Insurance Sales; some IT
Major Hospitals and Medical Centers in the Twin Cities
- Abbott - Northwestern Hospital Inc
- Children's Health Care - Minneapolis
- Clifton House
- Fairview University Medical Center
- Hennepin County Medical Center
- Phillips Eye Institute
Government, Healthcare and Legal Jobs
Government, Healthcare and Legal Jobs dominate the area market. The largest local market area (LMI) employers are the
- State and Federal Government
- Legal Research
Transportation and Construction are also healthy in the Twin Cities and will be boosted by ARRA Stimulus Package funds for infrastructure and Employment & Training form 2009 - 2012.
Economic expansion has stressed the local market area's transportation services and these are expanding with recent opening of the 21st century's Hiawatha Light Rail reaching out towards the Mall of America in Bloomington and the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. Regional rail routes called the Northstar Corridor are connecting St. Cloud with Minneapolis as well, with expansions after 2008 all the way through 2014, with improvements through 2020.
Transportation to and from the area and for commuting:
- Minneapolis-St Paul Intl/World-Chamberlain
- St Cloud Regional
- Rochester International
- Anoka County-Blaine
- St Paul Downtown Holman Field
Amtrak Train Station
- St. Paul/Minneapolis, In St. Paul, At 730 Transfer Rd. Ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, public restrooms, payphones, vending machines, free parking, car rental service, taxi stand.
Top Manufacturing Companies
- Colder Products Company: quick- disconnect couplings and connectors for plastic tubing; and biopharma. CPC is the winner of the 2020 Minnesota Manufacturing Awards under CEO Janel Wittmayer. During the summer of 2020, the company moved to a $30 million, 132,000-square-foot headquarters in Roseville, doubling its footage. HQ is located at 2820 Cleveland Ave. N. in Roseville MN 55113, but has locations globally.
- Ecolab: Important water, hygiene and energy technologies.
- Andersen Windows
- General Mills: Food products.
- 3M: Products in worker safety, health care, and consumer goods.
The Greater Metropolitan Area
This large Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area is a Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) of the United States and covers the following Minnesota Counties:
The local market area or LMA extends into Wisconsin, covering the counties of Pierce and St. Croix.
- The Hiawatha Line: This is an efficient Light Rail system that runs from the Nicollet Mall to the International Airport and the Mall of America. Schedules available online.
- Minneapolis Skyway: This enclosed pedestrian system is an interlinked collection of footbridges that connect many downtown buildings across 80 city blocks and at least 10 miles. People can walk in climate-controlled comfort all year in this, the longest continuous skywalk in the world.
Twin Cities Higher Education
Most Popular High Ranking Schools
American Indian OIC Incorporated www.aioic.org
Augsburg College www.augsburg.edu
Herzing College-Minneapolis Drafting School Campus www.herzing.edu
Lakeland Medical and Dental Academy Inc www.Lakelandacademy.com
Minneapolis Community and Technical College www.mctc.mnscu.edu
Minneapolis College of Art and Design www.mcad.edu
Minnesota School of Professional Psychology
Musicians Technical Training Center www.musictech.com
North Central University www.northcentral.edu
Native American Educational Services-Twin Cities http://naes.indian.com
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities www.umn.edu/tc/
Additional Well Respected Schools
Academy Education Center Inc www.academyeducation.com
Aveda Institute www.aveda.com
Dunwoody Institute wwww.dunwoody.tec.mn.us
Mcconnell School Inc www.mcconnellschool.com
Summit Academy Opportunities Industrialization Ctr
The Art Institutes International Minnesota www.aim.artinstitutes.edu
Veterans Affairs Medical Center School of Radiological Technology
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2007 Patty Inglish MS