- Business and Employment»
- Employment & Jobs»
- Job Searches»
- Local Job Searches
Bakken Oil Boom Jobs In North Dakota To 2050
Nodding Donkey Oil Well
Newest Job Increases in North Dakota
North Dakota Wants You:
- New campaign to fill 20,000 jobs with $800,000 backing - Looking for a job? North Dakota wants you. In a new recruiting campaign rolled out in May 2014, the North Dakota Economic Development Foundation is aiming to fill more than 20,000 jobs.
- Bakken, Three Forks largest continuous US oil accumulation
Oil was first discovered in the Williston basin in the early 1950s and total cumulative oil production to date (January 2014) from the US part of the basin is about 3.6 billion bbl of oil.
- ND Economic Development and Finance: Home
North Dakota's business climate has gained a reputation for supporting emerging businesses, entrepreneurs and expansions. The state's growing manufacturing, technology-based businesses, agricultural and energy industries, enhanced with numerous incen
The US still imports in 2015 - 2016, an additional 11 million daily barrels of oil to meet consumption requirements.
Leading Industry Sectors
North Dakota enjoys numerous productive mineral deposits, along with oil and gas fields and some manufacturing. The New Town Oil Boom is likely to continue on its Native American Reservation for decades, while the entire Bakken Oil Field covers much more land.
However, Agriculture leads the state economy with grain, meat, and dairy products in cites like Fargo, Grand Forks, Minot, and Bismarck. The Missouri and Red rivers are used for irrigation and dam projects offer many jobs.The reforestation of the state has offered still more opportunities for work. Tourism and recreational facilities enjoy high customer traffic near these dams; Tourism has been that state's Number Three highest provider of income, behind
- Agriculture and
- Mineral Production and Processing - now at first place with help from the Oil Boom.
As the oil boom continues, Transportation becomes increasingly important in moving oil and natural gas. Truck drivers and mechanics are in high demand. Engineering and Skilled Trades are adding many ore job postings in the mid-2010s as well.
Insurance and Healthcare are also large income producers in North Dakota and offer long term careers. Information Technology (IT) is necessary to nearly all fields of work and sectors of industry in this state.
New Town Oil Boom Information
- North Dakota Oil Well List
Also see: http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/2013/3013/fs2013-3013.pdf
- Where To Find RV Parks Near the North Dakota Bakken ...
President Obama fast-tracked 80 applications for Oil and Gas Projects in the North Dakota/Little Missouri National Grasslands, with more to follow. New RV Parks and housing developments are rising as fast as can be done.
Williston Basin Oil Reserves cover most of ND, especially NW Corner
Native American Oil and Gas Business in North Dakota
The Native American nations and bands in North Dakota and to a lesser extent, in South Dakota, control most of the Bakken and Williston oil deposits. The South Dakota Natives have become more active in monitoring traffic across their Federal Reservation as well, since some truckers were permitted to travel without permission or state fees paid, related to the Keystone Pipeline project..
Devils Lake Sioux a.k.a. Mni Wakan Oyate Nation
- PO Box 359 Fort Totten ND 58335 Phone: (701) 766-4221
- Fort Yates ND 58538 Phone: (701) 854-7201
Three Affiliated Nations at Fort Berthold Reservation - OIL BOOM
- PO Box 220, New Town ND 58763 Phone: (701) 627-4781 This is the hub of the New Town Oil Boom (see link above).
Turtle Mountain Band, Chippewa
- PO Box 770 Hwy. 5 West Belcourt ND 58316 Phone: (701) 477-6451
Williston ND: 150% Increase In Jobs, 2010 - 2015Click thumbnail to view full-size
Gas & Oil Energy Jobs Most in High Demand
- Oil Tool Technicians
- Field Service Technicians
- Petroleum Supply Specialists
- Maintenance Technician - Pipeline, Rotating Equipment, Oil & Gas
- Shop Technicians
- Field Service Specialists
- Service Technicians
- Wireline Senior Cased Hole Field Engineers
- District Managers
- Crane Operators
- Production Coordinators
- Field Trainers
- Part-time Service Agents
- Physicians & Nurses in the field
- Tire/Maintenance Technicians
Top Hiring Companies
- Baker Hughes,
- Newfield Exploration,
Rockwater Energy, Continental Resources, SOS Staffing, Beck-Field & Associates (health), EOG Resources, Pacific Companies, Hess, Watco Companies.
Local Higher Education
North Dakota University System (Headquarters)
>>Bismarck State College, Dickinson State University, Lake Region State College, Mayville State University, Minot State University, North Dakota State College of Science, North Dakota State University, University of North Dakota, Valley City State University, and Williston State College.
- Rasmussen College: Rasmussen College acquired the former Aakers Business College. Rasmussen College is located in Bismarck and Fargo, North Dakota. Course offerings successfully prepare students for real careers in fast-growing occupations via classroom and online classes. Credentials offered include Associate's and Bachelor's Degrees, along with a range of Certificates and Diplomas. Visit the website to see the Credential Ladder and how to work up from a Certificate to a BA or BS.
- Bismarck State College: Bismarck
- Dickinson State University: Dickinson
- Fort Berthold Community College: New Town at www.fortbertholdcc.edu/
- Jamestown College: Jamestown
- Lake Region State College: Devils Lake
- Mayville State University: Mayville
- Minot State University: Minot and Bottineau Campuses
- North Dakota State College of Science: Wahpeton
- North Dakota State University: Fargo
- Sitting Bull College: Fort Yates
- Trinity Bible College: Ellendale, North Dakota
- Turtle Mountain Community College: Belcourt ND
- United Tribes Technical College: Bismarck
- University of Mary: Bismarck
- University of North Dakota: Grand Forks
- Valley City State University: Valley City, North Dakota
- Williston State College: Williston, North Dakota
Rough Rider State: North Dakota
Theodore Roosevelt National Park: Medora, North Dakota; South of Williston.
Theodore Roosevelt began studying wildlife and native plants in childhood and never stopped. When he went to the Dakota Territory in 1883, it was largely to hunt American Bison, but he discovered grand vistas full of wildlife and native plants. It helped lead him to formulate the idea of having national parks in our country. His Maltese Cross Cabin moved around the American West for displays, but was moved finally to this park.
The park named after President Teddy Roosevelt welcomes visitors to wildlife viewing all year long and celebrates the skies with an Astronomy Festival called Dakota Nights.
Sports Related Opportunities in North Dakota
College and High School
League Sports Teams
- Bismarck Bobcats (AWHL)
- Minot Muskies (AWHL)
- Dakota Wizards (IBA) - Bismarck
- Fargo-Moorhead Beez (IBA) - Fargo
- Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks (NLB) - Fargo
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux:
North Dakota Racing:
- North Dakota Speedways and Horse Tracks
Friendship With Canada
Canadian Border Crossing
One place to cross the Canadian Border is Minot (pronounced "My Not"), North Dakota, though the Minot Airport. Known as the Magic City, Minot offers travelers a number of recreation and sight-seeing opportunities:
- In addition to being a Port-of-Entry for Canada, the Minot International Airport is also home to the Dakota Territory Air Museum.
- The motto of the Minot Air Force Base is "Only the Best Come North."
- A favorite restaurant in Minot is the Space Aliens Grill & Bar..
- Another major border crossing is located at International Peace Gardens located between Bottineau, North Dakota and Brandon, Manitoba, Canada. The garden contains a 24-hour Port-of-Entry and visitors may cross back and forth across the border within the large park, undisturbed.
International Peace Garden Airport from the Air - Notice Additional GardensClick thumbnail to view full-size
International Peace Gardens
International Peace Gardens: North Dakota and Canada
- International Peace Garden
Location, services, and hours. Visit for more information.
© 2007 Patty Inglish