Exciting Jobs in Phoenix, Arizona
High-Demand Jobs, Including Aerospace
The top jobs in high demand in Phoenix are found among the following industry sectors, as reported by the State of Arizona, local universities, and county/city departments of labor in the Greater Metro Area:
- Administrative and Waste Services
- Information Technology (IT)
- Healthcare and related occupations
- Finance and Insurance Products
- In the late 1970s, Ponderosa Steakhouses purchased the first rights to build a restaurant for any space station, such as MIR or the ISS. However, there was never enough room or physical stability in these stations (please remember SpaceLab in the 1970s), and the rights expired. The Owner and the Board of Ponderosa were, however, thinking ahead in a way others were not yet conceiving. Soon, food service in outer space became important during the Apollo Missions.
- Beginning in the 1970s, a group of Ohio physicians discussed a lunar medical treatment center for patients that suffer uncontrollable high blood pressure. I still heard about this idea in the 1990s and 2020s at The Ohio State University with the advent of space medicine. The reduced gravity on Luna would lower patient blood pressures and their weights would be only 1/5 of their earthbound weights. Travel Healthcare Services would be in high demand in such jobs as e Astronaut Nurse and in 2013, the new NASA astronaut class included two physicians. The universities and colleges in and around Phoenix offer excellent training programs in several Healthcare occupations.
- Travel Healthcare is a top option for current and future employment, having an increasingly bright outlook in Phoenix. Already offering 3-12 months of free rent, free or reimbursed travel expenses, and several other benefits, it is foreseeable that choice Travel Nurses and other Healthcare professionals will receive astronaut training without charge, likely provided that they sign a contract to a certain number of years of work thereafter.
Travel Healthcare Jobs
Frequently advertised travel healthcare jobs can include
- RNs and LPNs
- Veterinarians (especially at disaster sites)
- Medical Assistants
Further, as we conquer space travel and exploration, the Medical Department of any aerospace industry and aerospace venues will demand healthcare professionals to travel with the teams of workers going to off-planet work-sites.
Selected Aeropace and Green Opportunities
- Aerostar Aerospace MFG
- General Pneumatic - Western Research Division
General Pneumatic offers a complete line of pneumatic riveters for riveting, swaging, hole punching, staking, and inserting captive hardware.
- Honeywell Careers
Honeywell is a top aerospace employer in Phoenix, active as a government contractor and independently.
- Paragon Transportation
Top 10 Local Employers and Number of Employees in the early 2020s
- Banner Health, 1111 E McDowell Rd: 10,800
- American Express, 20022 N 31st Ave: 6,600
- Honeywell, 21111 N 19th Ave: 6,100. Part of the NASA Commercial Crew
- Amazon, 5050 W Mohave St.: 5,600. This growing company plans to open an additional 11 sites in Greater Phoenix by the end of 2020.
- Fry's Food Store, 1311 E Bell Rd. : 5,400
- Dignity Health, 350 W Thomas Rd. : 5,300
- JP Morgan Chase & Co., 1820 E Sky Harbor Circle South: 5,300
- Bank of America, 1825 E Buckeye Rd.: 5,000
- U Haul, 2727 N Central Ave: 5,000. Moving and storage
- Phoenix Children's Hospital, 1919 E Thomas Rd, Bldg. : 4,800
Amazon’s first cross-dock facility in the state is also slated to open by year’s end in Phoenix with 1,000 full-time positions.— Marketwatch, August 19, 2020.
Employment Trends: Best High Demand, High-Paying Jobs
Indigenous-Owned Business Opportunities
Businesses for Sale
- Ahwatukee Chamber of Commerce. 1345 E Chandler Blvd Ste 207, Phoenix AZ.
Native American Businesses
- Bullion, Coins, Jewelry Supplies at C.C. Silver & Gold
Silver, gold, and silversmithing tools and services. 2028 West Camelback,
Phoenix AZ 85015
- Native Air Ambulance; Globe, Arizona. 5884 S Hospital Dr, Globe AZ 85501
Colleges and Universities
- American Indian College of the Assemblies of God
- Arizona State University
- Arizona State University Polytechnic Campus
- Arizona State University West
- DeVry University-Phoenix
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Grand Canyon University
- High-Tech Institute - Renamed "Anthem"
- Maricopa Community Colleges
- Northcentral University
- Northern Arizona University
- South Mountain Community College
- Phoenix College
- Paradise Valley Community College
- University of Phoenix
- Western International University
Sports Related Opportunities
Professional Sports Teams
- Arizona Diamondbacks (MLB) - Phoenix
- Arizona Rattlers (AFL) - Phoenix
- Phoenix Coyotes (NHL)
- Phoenix Mercury (WNBA)
- Phoenix Suns (NBA)
Arenas and Stadiums
- Talking Stick Arena, formerly America West Arena
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2008 Patty Inglish MS