- Business and Employment»
- Employment & Jobs
Legitimate Online Jobs Without A Fee
Like many I have searched for countless hours looking for legitimate jobs to do from home. After months of research I have compiled a list of jobs that are available and willing to hire you (with absolutely no cost!) Online jobs still require a basic resume, so make sure you have your resume ready.
"Data Entry" Jobs
Most use the term "data entry" when searching for jobs online. There are few legitimate jobs that you'll find in this category. Most non-telephone jobs will be classified into three categories:
Typists- Some companies refer to what I consider "data entry" positions as typists and transcription positions. Most require you to take a few simple quizzes and typing tests. They also may require employees to file their own taxes.
- Quicktate- Requires you to provide a basic resume and references and once an account has been validated you'll be asked to take additional quizzes.
Medical billing and coding-Like any medical billing and transcription careers most jobs require experience. Through research I've found a few websites that are looking for part-time and full-time employees with at least two years experience:
- Nuance Transcription Services- There are three distinct areas that applicants can apply for: acute care, radiology, and quality control editor.
- SoftScript- Duties include transcribing acute care, clinic, radiology, and/or pathology.
Public records data services-Companies seeking information on bankruptcy and liens often hire locally and require employees to go to county courthouses to find specific information for clients. The applications for these types of jobs usually asks questions regarding how far you're willing to travel and what towns you're close to.
- Sinlark Research- Is looking for individuals to go to local courthouses and provide information regarding public records.
- Information Technologies Inc.- Looking for court abstractors and data collectors.
Telephone and Virtual Customer Service
Essentially companies are looking for individuals to work from home and communicate with their customers. Some are as simple as answering questions about specific hotels to selling health and life insurance. From what I've found most require you to have a land line telephone, fax, webcam, and specific computer requirements.
- Working Solutions- offers an option regarding the type of work you would like to do (telephone, non-telephone work.) Requires a basic test, a voice test and a phone interview.
- VOT- Virtual Office Temps- offers jobs in different aspects of typing, transcription and customer service.
- LiveOps- Offers employment in customer service (inbound and outbound.)
- ACD Direct- Is seeking inbound and outbound agents, especially in the holiday season.
- Cloud10- is looking for "at home professionals" to work in their virtual call center answering inbound calls.
You'll find that it will be easier to obtain a job working with a company that requires telecommunication. The equipment can be costly and it's not something I would recommend trying without any previous call center experience. Also keep in mind that you never need to pay a fee to apply for a job-- I wish you all the best and please leave feedback of your experiences with these specific companies!