Legitimate Work From Home Jobs For Moms and Dads
Rather Be Home
Rather Be Home is a website that focuses on connecting Moms and Dads with work from home jobs so that they may be able to spend more time with their children. Unfortunately, many of the "work from home" jobs online tend to be scams or jobs that could never amount to providing a living for a family. Rather Be Home weeds through all of these scams and "gimmicks" to provide real, quality employment for applicants. Some of the companies they list are Apple, Concentrix, Xerox, First Data, Dell, Humana, and WellPoint to name a few.
In addition to providing work from home jobs, Rather Be Home branches out to include articles on family life and financial matters. From coupons and scrapbooking to tips for saving money when shopping online, the site seems to touch on many issues most families experience. Some of the tips include using online coupons, Ebates, and doing comparison shopping to find the lowest price available.
The owner of the site, a wife and Mom to two toddler boys, has first hand experience with most of the issues she addresses. She also has over 12 years of experience in the accounting field.
Work From Home Poll
What would be your motivation for working from home?
Top Work From Home Professions
- Survey Taker - Taking online surveys can generate anywhere from $1 to $50 per survey. Some popular companies include MySurvey.com and Darwin's Data.
- Website Tester - Companies pay individuals to "try out" their websites to provide feedback on user friendliness and overall functionality.
- Creating How-To Videos - Do you have a unique talent? Record it and upload it to YouTube. Then enroll in their partner program and you can earn money on ads.
- Salesperson - There are tons of businesses that hire independent consultants such as Pampered Chef, Mary Kay, Avon, etc.
- English Trainer - Companies pay individuals to practice speaking English with students in other countries such as Japan, France, and Germany via online chat or phone.
- Telephone Nurse - Those with a nursing degree can generate an average nursing salary by connecting with health management companies looking for nurses to participate in case management and patient education.
- Search Engine Evaluator - Search engines such as Google employ people to "test" their search results. This typically pays between $9 - $10 per hour.
- Customer Service Representative - This encompasses the largest amount of work from home jobs but requires an individual with a great deal of patience, tenacity, and excellent speaking skills.
- Online Teacher - This is great for those who enjoy teaching but do not want the typical classroom setting. Salaries can begin at $30,000.
- Virtual Tutor - Similar to online teaching but usually one on one with a student via the phone or Skype.
List from Woman'sDay.com. For companies hiring professions listed above, visit Rather Be Home.
Nice "Work From Home" View
Tips To Avoid Online Job Scams
- If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. For example, if an ad states you can make $30,000 a month with only a few hours of work a week? Run!
- If a job requires you to pay money upfront, it is most likely a scam. Not all jobs that require upfront money are scams, but the majority do not request money. Jobs that do tend to be independent consultant sales where you would "purchase" some of their product line upfront in order to sell to customers. Make sure to do your research before sending money for any job.
- There is no contact information for the company. No phone, names, address or other contact information on the website? Not a good sign.
- Complaints about the company. Do your research before you apply and give away any personal information such as direct deposit information, PayPal account, etc.
- Research, research, research! Before applying to an online job, do a Google search of the company. Try to find reviews and forums where people have discussed their experiences. A little bit of research can go a long way in avoiding scams!
YouTube Video From Work From Home Job
How To Work From Home
Working from home is not for everyone. It requires self-discipline and excellent time management. It can be quite easy to procrastinate when you have twenty other items on your "to-do" list at home. Here are a few tips to help you succeed working from home:
- Create a Home Office - Designate a certain area of your home where you "go to work." Not only is a home office tax deductible, but it will allow you to focus on just your work and improve productivity.
- Network Online - Do not become invisible. Reach out to others via LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc to maintain working relationships.
- Keep to a Schedule - Setting work goals each day will help you to focus and provide structure for what needs to get done.
- Educate Yourself - Stay current on your tech skills and other matter related to your profession. Take online classes, attend seminars, etc.
- Taxes - If you are self-employed, make sure you are up to date on paying taxes and have all the proper paperwork filed. Consider hiring an accountant to monitor these issues for you. It could save you in the long run!