Australian Online Marketplaces: Buy, Sell, Auction and Free Classified Sites
What Is An Online Marketplace?
On online marketplace is a venue designed specifically to allow you to buy and sell your items. Whether they be your personal unwanted items, your business products that you are seeking to promote, or treasures you have purchased to resell online to make money as a home business.
No matter what the item there is always a venue for you to sell on. And more importantly you will most likely find incredible bargains to buy.
Sell Your Products Online
Buying online can be a great way to grab a bargain, especially if you are looking for a handmade or preloved item.
If you live in Australia, buying locally or nationally can lower postage costs and also mean that brands and products are more adapted to your needs, as well as have legal warranties.
If you're selling online, it can often be easier to sell on larger sites while you build up traffic to your website, too.
Here is a list of some great Australian online auction and sale sites.
Australian Buy, Sell & Auction Sites
- Buy & Sell Australia: Free classified ad site great for small sales or recruiting.
- eBay Australia: One of the best known worldwide online buying and selling sites with a subdomain just for Australia.
- Fishpond: A great Australian site for buying or selling books, movies, toys and more. They also have a paid pickup service if you want to sell old books
- Grays Online: Although they don't allow direct sellers, they do allow wholesale sales and they have some great bargains
- Gumtree: A great place to sell or buy online, particularly for local sales. Also do classified adverts
- Quicksales: A marketplace for both selling items and posting online classified adverts
- Trading Post: Although you can get some good views on both their website and print paper, their advertising can be pretty high, so better for buying than selling.
Selling Your Personal Products
There is nothing better than 'spring cleaning' and making money from items that you have had hidden in cupboards and collecting dust. The use of an online marketplace is a great way to do this in the comfort of your own home, in a timeframe that suits you and your family.
If you are wanting to supplement your income you may also want to buy items from garage sales and resell online. There are always treasures to be found and it is a great work at home business opportunity. Make sure that you avoid the items that could cause you more heartache than they are worth.
Selling Your Business Products
Choosing an online marketplace to sell your products online is a fantastic way to promote your business and reach markets outside of your typical boundaries. If you are a small business owner or WAHM (Work At Home Mum) niche sites such as these allow you to ensure that your facebook business page, or website is not the only place that your creative products are showcased to the country.
Diversification is key, and where possible take advantage of the opportunity to list online for free.
Buy It Now or Auction
Depending on the site, and depending on your products, most Australian Online Marketplaces provide you with a choice on how to sell your items.
Sometimes it is a matter of personal preference, and othertimes a matter of design but the choice to list as a Buy It Now or Auction often is a decision hard made.
Buy It Now
- Great for quick sales
- Suitable for Work At Home and Small Business product sales
- Appropriate for when multiple products are available.
- You need to set a price though and accept the price as final
- Typically various options of length: 3 days, 7 days, 10 days or longer
- Flexibility to list the item for sale at a low price or a high price
- Fun watching the bidding increase
- Risk is the item may sell at a low price so you need to accept the price as final
How To Identify Fake Items Online
- 9 Tips - How to Avoid Fake Items on eBay - How To Id...
9 tip to buying genuine items on eBay. The essential guide to buying on eBay, how to find fake items and how to bid and buy with safety.
- How to spot a fake Prada Bag
How to spot a fake Prada bag before you buy it and the key features of a genuine, authentic Prada handbag to look for. The essential guide.
How To Avoid Buying Fake Items
Online marketplaces are unfortunately havens for people who try to 'pull the wool over your eyes' and sell items that are not the real deal. Fake items or counterfeit items are all over the internet.
If you are looking to buy high-priced items with well known labels, such as 'Louis Vuitton', 'Gucci' or 'Prada' be aware of the tell-tail signs on what makes a product authentic.
Take advantage of the fantastic range of online marketplaces in Australia to buy and sell your products and promote your business. Keep your advertising options open and varied.
All Hubs are Original Material by 'Work At Home Mums' ©
Free Ways To Promote Your Website
- List Of Free Australian Directories: Advertise Online For Free
Advertising your business online need not be expensive, particularly when using the services of an online free directory website tailored to your niche or country.
- How To Advertise Your Australian Business Website For Free
Advertising your website for free is easy. There are a number of ways you can advertise and promote your Australian website and increase traffic without spending a cent.