MBA applicants: Lessons to learn from Steve jobs
Was that easy for Steve Jobs or bill gates or John Grisham to become what they are today? Definitely not, it was not easy but they have the determination with accomplishments and that made them who they are. Steve Jobs initiated the world to many technological modernizations and was regarded not only as an industry influencer but also as a visionary. Today he is an inspiration to many and we can learn from his surprising life.
Never limit your learning to classrooms only
Though classroom lessons teach you but there are numerous essential teachings of life that can’t be fully taught or learned in a classroom environment. Real world life experience is the passage towards a never-ending perspective that matters, goals that move forward with you as you follow them. In any circumstances, it’s not your particular situation that shapes you, but it’s how you respond to them.
Be yourself and leave the impact
It is common for all the MBA applicants to explore on the most preferred topics. For example, for essays on leadership or management, most of them put in writing about how to led a project at work. To make sure that your application stands out, you really want to dig out deeper and write about a bit latest and inspiring. A winning application to a zenith business school has to reveal that your involvement made a divergence. Just show the world what you have produced innovated and how you have contributed.
Reveal your original creativity
Steve job vended people on a product which they didn’t know they needed until he invented it. So it was his imagination, creativeness and vision to invent it and to move on forward his plans, no matter what the invention it was, whether it was the Apple, Mac, iPod, iPad, or other products. One of the general mistakes that we do is try to make an impact on others by passing on what they want to know about us. But you in no way know what you are being evaluated on? In other words, you are taking hazard by trying to be what you are not. Show the world your creativity to solve a problem, or to create/design a new event or system.
Show your leadership qualities
Steve Jobs not only led his industry but in various ways he led us also towards the entertaining world. Believe your strengths and qualities to think what makes you a better leader. Group discussion is a common case for all the applicants, where you can endeavor to draw attention to your leadership quality but don't reveal overriding or dominant attitude. Attempt to encourage and motivate others to communicative so that it brings out your skills as leader in front of the discussion panel.
You can’t do all yourself
Steve believed, in your career you can’t do it all yourself. If you really want to see your work accomplishes something on a gigantic scale, you need talented and inspired people. In other words, if you want to see your ideas and work have a vast impact on the world, you have to learn to be a good leader and administrator of people.
Follow your passion
His most important recruiting standard was a passion for the product that person would be working on. Steve accentuated that passion matters more than money. The only way to be really contented is to execute what you believe is great work and for that you need to love what you do.
Steve job's most inspiring speech
10 Most inspiring quotes from Steve jobs
He had ability to talk on deeper matters. Here are some of his inspiring words collected from his speeches and interviews.
- “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.”
- “That’s been one of my mantras — focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex; you have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple.”
- “Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other opinions drown your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
- “We don’t get a chance to do that many things, and every one should be really excellent. Because this is our life. Life is brief, and then you die, you know? And we’ve all chosen to do this with our lives. So it better be damn good. It better be worth it.”
- “Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while.”
- “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
- “Quality is much better than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles.”
- “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.”
- “When you’re a carpenter making a beautiful chest of drawers, you’re not going to use a piece of plywood on the back, even though it faces the wall and nobody will see it. You’ll know it’s there, so you’re going to use a beautiful piece of wood on the back. For you to sleep well at night, the aesthetic, the quality, has to be carried all the way through.”
- “What a computer is to me is the most remarkable tool that we have ever come up with. It’s the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds.”
To show your leadership talent before admission council, you don’t have to create a company but you need to show your enthusiastic leadership behavior and skills with creativity. In business school application package, those who reveal these qualities can exhibit admission council a realistic case for MBA program admission.