- Business and Employment»
- Employment & Jobs»
- Job Searches»
- Local Job Searches
Most Frequently Advertised Jobs in Maine
Rockland, Maine business owner Kate McAleer at age 27 was named the US Small Business Administration's Young Entrepreneur of the Year for 2015. She launched a new candy company here called Bixby & Co. in 3,000 square feet of space. The Maine Manufacturing Extension Partnership and several other business programs helped her to succeed.
Organic Bixby Bars
Wide Variety of Career Fields in Maine Expand into 2018
The state of Maine offers employment opportunities in a variety of different occupations and career interests.
The Number One Top Job in High Demand in Maine is
- Veterinary Tech
Other fields that require many more workers to 2018 include:
- Information Technology (IT),
- Real Estate, and
- Service and Hospitality.
- Crossing Guards in larger numbers will also be needed, as well as
- Research Scientists - this includes food scientists.
- The Shipping Industry continues to grow and the
- Commercial Fishing and lobstering types of buinesses in Maine remain strong.
A Good Place for Recreation, Business and Jobs
University of Maine graduate Charley Friedman designed a new type of wallet with scraps of sail cloth and found that this new wallet was better than leather. His business now sells more than 20,000 wallets annually and continues to add new products.
Top 20 Jobs To Increase by 2018
- Veterinary technologists and technicians
- Recreational vehicle service technicians
- Network systems & data communications analysts
- Motorcycle mechanics
- Physical therapist assistants
- Medical assistants
- Interpreters and translators
- Broadcast news analysts
- Physician assistants
- Home health aides
- Real estate sales agents
- Funeral attendants
- Personal and home care aides
- Property, real estate & community association managers
- Computer software engineers, systems software
- Database administrators
- Biochemists and biophysicists
- Social and human service assistants
- Crossing guards
- Dental assistants
Northeasternmost State In the Union
Home of Bixby Bars
Cities in Maine with the largest numbers of advertised jobs: Portland, Bangor, Augusta, South Portland, Lewiston, Scarborough, Auburn.
Top Cities for Jobs
- The Top 10 Hot Jobs In Portland, Maine
The Founder of Dell Computers has made heavy investments in the Portland Area, which is expanding businesses and creating jobs in an upward trend through 2020. Nova Scotia CA has also invested.
- High Paying Jobs In Maine
Job listings at the beginning of the second administration of President Barack Obama were heavily dominated by Healthcare positions. Through 2018, Healthcare, Food Service, and Sales positions are lead the increases in jobs. Best chances for employme
Snapshot of Jobs Advertised April - May 2015
Total Avg. Number of Jobs Open on a Day: 19,000+.
Highest Demand Jobs:
- Truck Drivers with CDL and Owner Operators
- Medical Assistants
- Registered Nurses
- Sales Representatives
- Patient Care Techs
- Real Estate Agents
- Retail Salespeople
- Retail Store Managers
- Automotive Technicians
- Satellite Dish Technicians
Major Employers - Insurance, Finance and Health
- Unum Provident Corp - Financial Services; over twice as many staff as the number 2 company.
- Aroostook Medical Center
- Maine Medical Health; Maine Medical Center
- Children's Miracle Network
- Eastern Maine Medical Center and Health Systems
- St Mary's Regional Medical Center
- Unum Life Insurance
- University Of Maine
- S & D Coffee Inc.
- Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Club
- Faithworks Inc.
- Hospital Central Maine Medical
- Jackson Laboratory
- Mercy Hospital
- Sunday River Ski Resort - Travel and Tourism
Dominant Job Advertisers In Maine
- Aroostook Medical Center is a not-for-profit and leading provider of healthcare. They provide services to hard-to-reach rural areas.
- ATX Inc.has job opportunities in several areas of computer programming, IT management functions, web design and management, customer service, form design and others.
- Bath Iron Works is the leader in surface ship design and construction.
- DeLorme makes mapping software, GPS hardware, wireless and Internet mapping applications, paper maps and atlases.
- The Jackson Laboratory is the largest mammalian genetics research center in the world.
- Larkin Enterprises, Inc. keeps a list of job opportunities on its website.
- L.L.Bean is a family-owned company with headquarters in Freeport, Maine.
Mercy Hospital/Health System is one of Maine's largest health care providers.
- Point Sebago Resort is always looking for qualified staff in its Travel and Tourism services and products, including related jobs in dining, accommodations, retail, and other.
- UnumProvident insurance and financial products is seeking professionals or an entry level candidates.
- Wright Express Payment processing and information management services to US commercial and government vehicle fleet industry
Native American Business in Maine
Aroostook Band of Micmacs - P O Box 772, 521-D Mani St.; Presque Isle ME 04769
Houlton Band of Maliseet Indians - RR #3 Box 450; Houlton ME 04730-9514
- (207) 532-4273
Passamaquoddy Tribe of Maine - Indian Township Reservation; Post Office Box 301 Princeton ME 04668
- (207) 796-2301
Passamaquoddy - Pleasant Point Reservation - Post Office Box 343; Perry ME 04667- 0343
- (207) 853-2600
Penobscot Indian Nation - 6 River Road, Indian Island Reservation; Old Town ME 04468
- (207) 827-7776
Job and Player Opportunities with Sports Organizations in Maine
The Maine Freeze - Women's Football
Maine Travel - Lighthouses
Higher Education in Maine
Major Colleges In Maine:
- Bates College
- Beal College
- Bowdoin College
- Colby College
- College of the Atlanticr
- Husson College
- Maine College of Art
- Maine Maritime Academy
Maine Technical College System:
- Central Maine Community College: Auburn
- Eastern Maine Community College: Bangor
- Kennebec Valley Community College: Fairfield
- Northern Maine Community College: Presque Isle
- Southern Maine Community College: South Portland
- Washington County Community College: Eastport
- York County Community College: Wells
Faith Based Colleges in Maine:
- New England Bible College
- New England School of Communications
- Rockport College
- Saint Joseph's College
- Thomas College
- Unity College
University of Maine System:HQ in Bangor
- University of Maine: Augusta with campuses also located in Farmington, Fort Kent, Machias, Orono, and Presque Isle
University of Southern Maine: HQ in Portland
- Lewiston-Auburn College: Lewiston