Make Money From Your Blog
Now that times have changed, and people aren't just blogging about cooking and their kids.It's easier than ever to make money from your blog.
Although I have friends with very impressive blog's but they dont want to make money with them.It just shows how people are different with what they want to do with their blog
There are a few different ways you can make money blogging
- Micro Niche Blog's
- Article Marketing
- Using Ad Networks
- Cross Linking
- Social Bookmarking
Now let's cover each one
Using Your Blog As A Promotional Tool
Whether you feel like writing content and keeping up with a blog, you should still have a blog. It is by far the best tool you can use to earn more money online.You can use it to promote whatever site you are currently working with. Or if you get paid to write on other sites, you can promote the articles on your blog.You would honestly be surprised how much traffic your blog will bring into to your other venture's.
If you are into affiliate marketing, you can promote it on your blog. If you have yet to learn about what a niche blog is, you will find out below. If you are earning money with "Paid to Refer" sites, you can promote it on a Work At Home Niche blog.
From Or With?
Something I wanted to cover was the difference between making money from your blog and with your blog.
- From your blog-is to use it for affiliate marketing, to use it to promote your products.95% of your content will be related to affiliate related products/services.
- With your blog- is to create a blog related to something other than an affiliate product.Like fibromyalgia for example.BUT, you put the banner's spaces to good use by filling a few of them with fms related affiliate programs.
Where To Blog
The most popular blogging platforms are:
*The thing I love about wordpress is that you can import the content from your blogger and tumblr blogs.So you dont have to even put content on that site, it does it for you*
There are the not so popular blogging site's that you can blog on. Dont let the fact that they arent as possible help you in your decision in not blogging there. It may actually be a good idea, why not get your name out everywhere. Not just in the most popular areas.
You can try:
- Twitter- Is a microblogging site
- Fotolog- Photoblogging
Customize Your Blog
It's a known fact that blog's that are customized, look boring and plain. Reader's tend to bypass them within minutes.
After you have created your blog,go fix it up.Dont make it too girly/masculine unless the blog is intended for that gender.
In Blogger- you can find it in the design section, on the dashboard, and when you go to the blog itself.
Tumblr-After you sign in it will take you to your dashboard and you can click customize and it will take you to customize a blog
Wordpress-When log in it will take you to the main dashboard, it shows your blogs.You can access the actual blog's dashboard.And on the lefthand side you will find "Appearance".You customize it from there.
-Making A Micro Niche Blog
When you are an affiliate, you promote products and get paid commission.
A good place to start is by creating a micro niche blog.It's considered micro because there is only so much you can say about it.It ends up with about 5 posts in all.
Later you can crosslink your micro blog's with your regular blog, if its fits in.
DO NOT PUT YOUR BLOG'S IN TRAFFIC EXCHANGES IF YOUR BLOG IS USING GOOGLE ADSENSE.THEY WONT THINK TWICE ABOUT SHUTTING DOWN YOUR ACCOUNT.
You can share your blog with thousands of people when you use social bookmarking sites.
The most popular are:
Its also a good idea if you add a "Share this" button on your blog. You can find it on there website.
Multi Sharing Network Extension
I wanted to share an awesome sharing tool that I started using.It's called Add This.
Whether it's your content or someone else's, you can right click and share it with all the popular "sharing" sites.
If you don't use Google Chrome, I suggest you do. It gives you all the tools easily to help you make more money online.
- Keywords- Keywords are important because when someone searches for something on a search engine,Its based on stuff like your keywords and tags.When you are writing your blog post,include a few important keywords in the first few sentences.
- Website Submission-The truth is, just because you create a blog, and post in it, doesnt mean your site is going to show up when someone searches for your blog topic.You need to go to "Google Webmaster Tools", you can submit the site from there. Other site you should submit to are:Bing,Yahoo,Msn and Ask.
- Backlinking-This is when you put your link on another site,like Facebook,Google+,Hubpages and your other blog.It makes your rank increase, and helps it be closer to the front page if someone does a search.
- Crosslinking-This is basically backlinking gone crazy awesome.it ties everything together.Like if you made micro niche blogs, and you wanted to connect them to your regular blog.Everything goes back and forth and back.
- Commission Junction
- Clickbank and CBleads
With affiliate marketing, you are promoting someone's product for them.You will recieve commission if there is a sale.
You can do:
- Pay per lead-you get paid when someone clicks your link, then goes to the website and signs up.You will get paid for that.
- Pay per sale-when someone clicks your link, and purchases something, you will get paid.
Advertising networks pay you to authorize the use of there advertising on your website/blog.They are usually based on the ratio of your website views to your clicks. Adsense come's along with Blogger, but you do have to sign up for it.
© 2012 Alecia Brown