Resolutions, Promises and Targets: How to Succeed in Achieving your Goals!
Resolutions And Promises: Why make them if If You Can't Keep Them!
© Chitrangada Sharan Dec. 2014
All Rights Reserved.
- Are you the one, who very enthusiastically makes resolutions and promises?
- But within a week or fortnight, loose all the enthusiasm and breaks them!
- I have seen many people, making some resolutions enthusiastically on the eve of new year but by the 15th of January , life becomes just as usual as it was fifteen days back.
- The question is why do we make resolutions, if we can not keep it. Or in other words we break it so easily and so soon. There can be many reasons for this.
- First of all lets have a look at some common resolutions for the new year which people promise to themselves.
Let our New Year's resolution be this: we will be there for one another as fellow members of humanity, in the finest sense of the word.
Favorite New Year Resolution: Brisk Walking
- Brisk Walking : The Easiest And Safest Form Of Exer...
Brisk walking is the safest and easiest form of exercise. While the fresh air does wonders to your mood, energy levels, blood circulation; you don't even realize that you have finished your exercises!
Follow The Chart For Healthy Eating As A New Year Resolution
- Are You Always Hungry?Follow The Food Charts, Eat We...
With most diet plans, you are back to your old habits within a few days. This weight control plan will change that by 'restructuring techniques'.Once you hit the ideal weight,ease into the next phase.
Some common New Year Resolutions Are Listed Below:
- I will get up early in the morning. No late nights!
- Early to bed and early to rise, will make me healthy, wealthy and wise! Sounds so motivating!
- I will go for morning and evening walks daily.
- I will shed all those extra kilos by doing proper exercise.
- I will keep my bookshelf, wardrobe, study table, office, kitchen etc. etc. always clean and tidy.
- Always reach office in time. No excuses of getting stuck up in traffic.
- I will try to do away with all the negative thoughts of the past and work for a happy and promising future.
- Quit smoking or quit anything addictive.
- I will be nice and would not indulge in arguments with my husband/ wife, boyfriend/ girlfriend, boss, friends/ family and so on.
- I will eat healthy and snack with apple/ other fruits rather than ice cream, Nuts instead of oily snacks etc.
Why Make New Year Resolutions If We Break Them?
- Over enthusiasm and over commitment can be one of the reasons, why most of the people break their resolutions so easily and so soon.
- The problem to remain motivated for a longer time.
- People who make resolutions are not answerable and accountable to anyone.
- Any task without a target within a specified time looses its purpose and the sincerity of the participants.
Then what can be done to achieve the new year resolutions and turn them into successful endeavors?
How To Remain Motivated And Stick To Your Resolutions!
♣ Make practical resolutions which can easily be followed.
♣ Do not make more than one or two resolution and stick to them.
♣ Give prior thought about whether you would be able to give your 100% for the success of your resolution.
♣ It is helpful if you share your goal with a friend or a family member. So that if any one falters the other person can motivate or remind for continuation of the resolution.
♣ Always keep in mind 'why' you have taken up the resolution and the 'end' result.
♣ Do not loose heart with small 'slips and misses'. Concentrate on the ultimate goal.
♣ Remain motivated by trying new creative ideas.
Your success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.
Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.
-----Ralph Waldo Emerson
Do you make New Year Resolutions and follow them sincerely?
"The bad news is TIME FLIES.
The good news is YOU ARE THE PILOT."
To Sum Up:
- I have seen some people who kept their resolutions and achieved success in their resolve. So what different did they do?
- They broke their goal into smaller achievable steps and then they rewarded themselves when they achieved success in one of them.
- .They also shared their new year resolutions with their family and friends.
- They focused on the benefits of success and noted their progress in a diary.
- You can not imagine how motivating it is to see the progress day by day, if you are noting it down.
- So go ahead and make some realistic practical and sincere Resolutions and stick to them.
© Chitrangada Sharan, 15th Dec. 2014,
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
Beautiful video about Resolutions, source: You tube
Other Related Hubs By Chitrangada Sharan
- The New Beginnings~~~A Poem!
The end of a Year is neither an end nor a beginning but it is going on, with all the wisdom and experience it has given us.The new year is here before us like a new book waiting to be written.
- Motivation : Important For Success Of Children, Role...
Who doesn't need a little motivation! Parents and teachers of young kids have a great role in tracing the path for a child's success in academics etc., by providing them the much needed 'Motivation'.
- Best Collection Of 50 Inspirational, Motivational An...
Quite often I find people posting Inspirational quotes on Facebook, Google+ and other sites, which are truly motivating and appear just at the right moment, when you are in need of that friendly boost.
- How To Be A Winner: 10 Easy Tips To Achieve Success...
Who doesn't want to be a winner? What is it that makes a 'Winner'? Winners have a way about doing things-their approach, their attitude, their passion, commitment. How are they different from others?
© 2014 Chitrangada Sharan