- Business and Employment»
- Employment & Jobs»
- Job Searches»
- Local Job Searches
Top 10 Jobs in Newark, New Jersey
Newark - Largest City in NJ
Newark, New Jersey is home to approximately 300,000 people via Census2010 and considered by leading financial magazines and analysts as one of the best 25 large cities in the USA for employment and business success.
By the last count in the US Census, the City of Newark supports over 300 different kinds of businesses that encompass various retail outlets that number nearly 2,000; over 500 wholesale outlets; and several major banking and savings and loans headquarters. Major trucking hubs and hospitals are also successful here.
Newark is the County seat and, thus. the center of Essex County government in New Jersey.
This city was founded in 1666, early in the settlement of the New Nation, America. Historic landmarks include many Gothic style churches and cemeteries, parks, statues, and historic buildings.
The Largest Employers of Newark include:
- Newark Liberty International Airport & Continental Airlines
- Prudential Financial, Inc.
- University of Medicine/Dentistry
- Mt. Carmel Guild Mental Health Services
- Prudential Insurance
- The City of Newark - government
- Horizon Blue Cross & Blue Shield of NJ
Newark Liberty Airport Driverless Monorail to the Train Station
Local Review Links
- High Demand Jobs in New Jersey
Job listings in New Jersey doubled in the four years between January 2010 to January 2014.
- Hoboken NJ - The Mile Square City and Home of the Zi...
A city of many
- Top 20 Health and Finance Jobs in New Jersey
The Top 20 Fast-Growing Jobs in New Jersey are dominated by veterinary services and Healthcare, but include positions in insuracne & financial produtcts, research, political science, religion, education,...
Over 323,000 Job Openings within 25 miles of Newark City Center in August 2014
Highest Demand Job Titles:
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- JAVA Developers
- Physical Therapists, Assistants and Aides
- Occupational Therapists and Assistants
- Administrative Assistants
- Jobs with JP Morgan Chase Banks
- Truck Drivers - CDL, Salaried and Owner-Operators
- Health Insurance Sales Jobs
- Executive Assistants
- School Bus Drivers - Summer school drivers and training for fall driving.
- Financial Analysts
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Account Managers
- Michael Page Temporary Employment
- Freelance IT jobs
Top 10 Fastest-Growing Jobs in Newark
The occupational titles that are experiencing the fastest growth and offering the greatest number of opportuntties for job seekers at least through 2014 are contained in the following Top 10 list.
The Heathcare Industry and related health services of all kinds are Number One on this Top 10 list, with Registered Nurses leading the way. Because of the national retirement of two large groups of Healthcare Professionals - 1) Baby Boomers, and 2) their doctors and other practitioners - RNs and other health related workers will be in huge demand through the year 2050 at the very least. After our Boomer cohort has passed away, the generations coming in their wake will live even longer lives, requiring even greater numbers of health care and aide-type assistants.
As America becomes more and more a Knowledge and Green-based Economy in the 21st Century, all the Service Industries will continue to expand and grow, especially will health and aide-type services, Information Technology (IT), Entertainment, Tourism, Travel and Dining; Green Industries, and related occupations. Services overall will continue to be in High Demand, because of Newark's proximity to other large metropolitan areas, such as New York City.
Top 10 Fastest-Growing Job in the Greater Newark Area and Essex County
- Registered Nurses(RNs) - including Travel Nursing [Service]
- Janitors and Cleaners [Service]
- Flight Attendants [Service]
- Home Health Aides [Service]
- Medical Secretaries
- Retail Sales People [Service]
- Customer Service Reps [Service]
- Child Care Workers [Service]
- Business Operations Specialists
- Nurse's Aides, Orderlies, and Health Attendants [Service]
It is clear that a full 8 out of 10 (80%) of the Top 10 list of fast-growing jobs are serviced based.
Top Fastest-Growing Jobs, Numbers 11 - 20
The next fastest-growing jobs make up a list that is also largely service based:
- Teacher Assistants [Service]
- Airline Pilots, Copilots, Flight Engrs
- Preschool Teachers, mainstream [Service]
- Receptionists and Info Clerks[Service]
- All Food Prep and Service Workers, including Fast Food [Service]
- Accountants and Auditors [Service]
- Security Guards [Service]
- Social and Human Service Assistants[Service]
- Employment, Recruitment, Job Placement [Service]
- Food Prep Staff [Service]
Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart
Colleges and Universities
Local institutions of higher education in and around Newark include the following list;
- Essex County College (NJ)
- Rutgers-Newark: The State University of New Jersey
- Rutgers College of Nursing
- Rutgers Business School
- New Jersey's Science & Technology University
- NJIT: Newark College of Engineering
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- The University Hospital, Newark, NJ
- Seton Hall Law School
- New Community Workforce Development Center - A full our-year education and training program.
Ample opportunities to enjoy entertainment and employment arise from Newark's local sports teams. Click onth elinks to access home pages and employment sectors.
- Red Bulls Soccer - formerly the MetroStars of the MLS in East Rutherford
- New Jersey Devils (NHL)
- New Jersey Gladiators (AFL)
- New Jersey Nets (NBA)
- New Jersey Ironmen Indoor Soccer
League Sports Teams
Newark Bears (ALPBC)