- Business and Employment»
- Small Businesses & Entrepreneurs
How To Increase Traffic To Your Website?
Online article marketing
Efficient online article marketing is essential in the process of drawing traffic to your site. Internet or online marketing is a mix of components used as a means of increasing sales in a business done online or offline. In order to promote their products, companies and individuals work on web sites, blogging, articles and web feeds on a daily basis. Individuals working from home are mostly included in different forms of human interactions based on social networking sites, Internet forums and instant messaging.
The objectives of companies and individuals are to communicate about themselves, their products and services online, to do research about the existing/potential web visitors or/and customers, to draw traffic, to sell advertising space, services and other goods.
- SEO Quotes 25 great search engine optimization quotes
Search engine optimization made simple: learn about SEO with great quotes collected from books written by SEO experts.
Online article marketing and generating traffic for a company business or home-based business includes:
- the best possible web design and web promotion plan,
- optimal ranking in major search engines,
- affiliates and associate programs,
- blogs and interaction with visitors,
- online press releases,
- effective Email marketing (in specific situations) and
- writing articles.
The strategies of online marketing depend on the type of business.
Of course, having a web of your own is always an advantage, but if the person doesn't have the budget to provide an excellent website, Hubpages for example, is a great site that can be used as free online space.Many online article marketers have written hundreds (even thousands) of articles thanks to the low cost of this type of advertising.
If you don´t have your own site,
...but would like to write and earn money online:
It's absolutely free to sign up and the benefits of doing so are numerous.
Signing up for this website gives you the opportunity to interact with other people, to share and gain information through articles and forums, do research, learn and write about those findings.
One can share life or work experiences, for example, if you're a mum and a collector of food recipes, take some new recipes and post some on Hubpages. If you're a student, read and write book reports on the literature you are using while studying.
Take part in some of the affiliate programs like Google AdSense, Amazon, eBay and earn money at the same time. With properly used keywords, google online ads (or other) will integrate into your article, which gives you a chance to make money online by collecting the revenue generated from advertising.
Online article marketing: what, why and where?
Article marketing is a marketing method under the Web 2.0 generation of business; users interact with other internet users and they can change website content (which is not the case with non-interactive websites where users are limited to viewing information passively). Efficient article marketing is all about drawing traffic to your hubs to make revenue from advertising or sales.
Such websites are Squidoo and Hubpages: amateur (and professional)
writers have the possibility to write for a website other than their own, which
is beneficiary since they don't have to bother themselves with website
requirements like choosing a domain name, registration, purchasing web hosting
services for the site, worrying about design and content.
5 Article Marketing Tips for Drawing Traffic on Hubpages
(1) Article standards assume word count of 400-500 words and a keyword density of 1 to 3 %. (Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword appears on a web page compared to the total number of words). Nevertheless, it's recommended that your article has approximately 800 and no more than 1900 words. Plagiarism is strictly forbidden! No copy-paste content (duplicate content) from other sources is allowed.
(2) One of the best ways to get traffic to your page or hub is Search Engine Marketing. That's why you need to learn about SEO – Search Engine Optimization. Knowing SEO means applying techniques helping you to get the best possible ranking in organic or natural search results in search engines like Google or Yahoo.
When a person searches for a specific word or phrase in a search engine, he (or she) gets the organic search results as rankings of Web pages based on keywords. In the context of search engine optimization, keyword density is a factor used to determine whether a web page is relevant to a specified keyword or keyword phrase.
Some SEO techniques for efficient online article marketing and drawing traffic to your site or hub are:
- selecting the right keywords and domain name,
- using keywords in file names, folders, page titles,
- META description (a Description tag),
- making keyword content useful and using it in your links .
(3) Learn how to get your articles high in organic search rankings!
- Organic search rankings are free and they can lead you to high cost effectiveness. Another important thing is that you have to be patient, especially concerning SEO. Your efforts can take quite a long time (even months) to boost traffic, especially through Google.
- The search engine popularity of an article directory (a website where an author can post an article) gradually increases as more articles are posted. This means benefits for both the author and the directory owner. The increased visitor number automatically means more article page views.
- Avoid Email marketing (method of distributing information through Email) because many people consider Email marketing messages as ''spam''. Avoiding it, you avoid the possible negative effect on your image. Instead, send email newsletters. To learn more, check out the article about newsletters by David Riches on the web.
(4) Online article marketing and drawing traffic to your site or hubs includes important backlinking strategies. Abundant backlinks (links pointing back to your hubs) also must be quality backlinks.
- Backlinking is easy with social bookmarking sites, but you must be careful in choosing the right sites. You must make yourself visible to the new community first, interact to get followers on these sites otherwise submitting your articles to these communities would end up with your backlinks being no-follow links.
- If you choose StumbleUpon and/or Digg for your backlinks, be sure to submit at least three other URLs for each of your hubs because these sites don´t like overly promotive users who are not active in their community. Actually, they might recognize the activity of posting your content only as spam.
- Your efforts in social marketing rely on interaction with others to build relationships, which gives you the chance to share information about you, your products and services, hubs or articles. Using social media networks is a marketing tool that assumes getting to know other people, not just trying to sell and promote products or services. If you want followers, you have to be one. With the increase of your followers' number, you get the traffic increase on your hub. Leave comments on other hubbers´ hubs, they might want to know who you are, check out your profile and decide to follow you!
(5) Number of backlinks increases greatly if the articles are distributed via RSS ("Really Simple Syndication"). RSS is a group of web feed formats helping publishers to syndicate content automatically. An RSS document holds information on the text, publishing dates, autorship. Whether you already have hubpages account or not, learn how to create and use custom RSS feeds.
Keep in mind that it takes 3 to 5 years on average for small businesses and companies to work with profit. Don't think you're an exception and don't discourage yourself waiting for success. Write with enthusiasm and patiently make your expectations real!
Make your contribution to finding out about writers on Hubpages and how making money online really works by participating in the poll:
How long have you been on Hubpages?
How many hubs have you written?
Why did you join Hubpages?
How much do you approximately earn from affiliate programs on Hubpages?
Did you find this hub about efficient article marketing and drawing traffic to your hubs useful?
Remember, success and failure will always rest on online article marketing and drawing traffic to your site including the quality of this traffic. You will make money online only if you get traffic and the traffic must be able to reach you. You will have clicks or sales only if you have a great number of visitors to view your blogs, photos, articles or hubs.
You aren’t a member of the Hubpages community yet?
If you love writing and are interested in making money online, then this is the right place to be.
You may also want to read:
- A Collection of Search Engine Optimization Quotes from SEO experts
25 great search engine optimization quotes from SEO experts brought to you by Jasmine on Seekyt.com. Search engines and optimization described with metaphors...