- Business and Employment»
- E-Commerce & How to Make Money Online
Online Shopping websites In India
In India, we have gradually started taking interest that accompanies online shopping. We have learnt buy products without the touch and feel aspect bothering us, we aren’t wary of making online payments and most importantly we have started trusting these online sites. Although we don't believe that online shopping always offers better deals or discount than offline, what we really like is the vast range of choices that are put forth with a few clicks while you laze on your couch. For those who still have inhibitions about online shopping and those looking for a few tips at a better online shopping experience. Most Indian shopping sites are new and slowly gaining recognition and traction. The best way to know if a site is genuine is to check its physical address and phone number. Look out for forums where in people are discussing their experience about shopping at that particular site and always look around for a trusted source who recommends or is a happy customer of that site.Let us discuss about some popular online shopping websites in India.
(1)Flipkart.com - Flipkart (Company) was founded in 2004 by Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal, both alumni of the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi. The business was formally incorporated as a company in October 2007 as Flipkart Online Services Pvt. Ltd. The first product sold by them was the book bought by VVK Chandra from Andhra Pradesh. Flipkart now employs more than 16000 people.Flipkart allows payment methods such as cash on delivery, credit or debit card transactions, net banking, e-gift voucher and card swipe on delivery. Founded in 2004 with only Rs. 400000 now in 2015 tuned over Rs. 60,000 Crore company. You can not only buy books online through Flipkart, but also mobile phones & mobile accessories, laptops, computer accessories, cameras, movies, music, televisions, refrigerators, air-conditioners, washing-machines, Clothing, Footwear’s, Accessories, MP3 players like products from a host of other categories.
(2)Amazone.in - Amazone.com is an American electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington. It is the largest Internet-based retailer in the United States and world leader in e-commerce market recently started operation in India. Selling on Amazon provides businesses of all sizes a compelling sales channel with a nationwide reach. Sellers can list an unlimited number of products and benefit from Amazon.com’s investment in technology and innovation, Amazon.in traffic, convenient shopping experience, and a secure payment infrastructure backed by Amazon’s comprehensive A-to-Z guarantee. Additionally, sellers will have access to Amazon’s proven seller coaching tools and a suite of integrated services that can help sellers easily grow their business online. Now Indians can buy Books, CDS and many electronics and all type of products at cheaper price from Amzon.in. For limited time they offering free shipping.
3) ebay.in - eBay Inc. is an American multinational corporation and e-commerce company, providing consumer to consumer & business to consumer sales services via Internet. It is headquartered in San Jose, California, United States. eBay was founded by Pierre Omidyar in 1995, and became a notable success story of the dot-com bubble. Today, it is a multi-billion dollar business with operations localized in over thirty countries. The company manages eBay.com, an online auction and shopping website in which people and businesses buy and sell a broad variety of goods and services worldwide. In addition to its auction-style sales, the website has since expanded to include "Buy It Now" shopping; shopping by UPC, ISBN, or other kind of SKU (via Half.com); online classified advertisements (via Kijiji or eBay Classifieds); online event ticket trading (via StubHub); online money transfers (via PayPal)and other services. ebay.in is the Indian version of the popular online shopping portal eBay.com world’s online marketplace. Ebay dominated at number 1 online shopping website in India for long time. Ebay has a diverse and passionate community of individuals and small businesses. Ebay offers used and fresh item with a wide network of international shipping.
(4) Jabong.com:-The site started operations in January 2012. It was co-founded by Arun Chandra Mohan, Praveen Sinha, and Lakshmi Potluri after which Manu Jain, and Mukul Bafana joined the organization.The managing officers are Arun Chandra Mohan and Praveen Sinha. In March 2013, Jabong was shipping 6000-7000 orders a day. According to the The Economist, Jabong clocked gross sales of around US $100–150 mn in 2012. As per the Livemint article, during September 2013 Jabong was shipping 14,000 orders on a daily basis out of which 60% were from small towns. Jabong was one of the most visited e-commerce sites during the Great Online Shopping Festival 2013. Company representatives claimed that its revenues increased five to six times compared to a usual day, and that Jabong set a record for sale in the male fashion category.In 2014, Jabong launched an exclusive collection designed by Rohit Bal. Noted by Economic Times, the company is also launching in-house brands covering apparel, shoes and accessories.In May 2014 NBA and Jabong partnered to launch the first official NBA online store in India.According to Business-Standard.com, Jabong set to enter 1 billion dollar club in the year 2015.Jabong Fashion & Lifestyle Store offers you great discount on all listed product.They offers wide range of products from Apparel to Home needs.
(5) Snapdeal.com - Snapdeal is an online marketplace, New Delhi, India. The company was started by Kunal Bahl, a Wharton graduate as part of the dual degree M&T Engineering and Business program at Penn, and Rohit Bansal, an alumnus of IIT Delhi in February 2010. It was started as a daily deals platform but expanded in September 2011 to become an online marketplace. Snapdeal has grown to become one of the largest online marketplace in India offering an assortment of 10 million products across diverse categories from over 100,000 sellers, shipping to 5,000+ towns and cities in India. In March 2015, Snapdeal brought Amir Khan for the promotion of its website in India. In June 2014, Snapdeal announced that it had achieved the milestone of 1000 sellers on its platform getting sales of over Rs 1 crore.Snapdeal is the fastest growing e-commerce company in India with gross sales over 3 billion dollars annually. SnapDeal offers everything from local daily deals on restaurants, spas, travel to online products deals. They offer you best price with free shipping.
( 6) Myntra.com :- Myntra is a one stop shop for all your fashion and lifestyle needs. Being India's largest e-commerce store for fashion and lifestyle products, Myntra aims at providing a hassle free and enjoyable shopping experience to shoppers across the country with the widest range of brands and products on its portal. The brand is making a conscious effort to bring the power of fashion to shoppers with an array of the latest and trendiest products available in India.Myntra understands its shoppers' needs and caters to them with choice of apparel, accessories, cosmetics and footwear from over 500 leading Indian and international brands. Prominent brands include Adidas, Nike, Puma, Catwalk, Inc 5, United Colors of Benetton, FCUK, Timberland, Avirate, FabIndia and Biba to name a few. You can also shop from some recently introduced labels such as - Roadster, Sher Singh, Dressberry, Kook N Keech and ETC. Awarded 'Best E-commerce Website for 2012' by IAMAI – India Digital Awards. Myntra.com is leading online retailer of lifestyle and fashion products. Myntra offers T-shirts, Shoes, watches and more at discounted price.
(7) Shopclues.com:- ShopClues.com is an online marketplace, headquartered in Gurgaon, India. The company was founded in the Silicon Valley, USA in 2011. It has over 12,000 registered merchants retail +2,00,000 products on the platform to over 42 million visitors every year across 9500 locations in the country.Shopclues is famous for their heavily discounted Jaw Dropping deals. In March 2013, ShopClues successfully completed its third round of funding. The company raised close to $10 million (Rs. 54 crores) from Helion Venture Partners and Nexus Venture Partners. Nexus Venture Partners had previously led the Series An investment in the company in Feb 2012. With this round, ShopClues.com has raised over $15 million in capital so far. Shopclues handles about 18 lakh transactions annually and around 42 million visitors a year. The company is already doing Rs 100 crores in annualised revenue based on its monthly run.Shopclues is one of the best online stores that offers a wide variety of cameras, Computer accessories, Mobile, Gift, Jewellery, Cosmetics, toys, clothes, books and bag. Their Jaw Dropping deal has become most liked deal of 2012.
(8) Homeshop18.com -Here you find large range appliances, kitchen, cameras, mobiles, laptops, site, Indian, gifts, apparel, buy, online, gifts. and more, HomeShop18 is a venture of theNetwork18 Group, India’s fastest growing media and entertainment Group. Network18 operates India’s leading business news television channels – CNBC TV18 and CNBC Awaaz. HomeShop18 has also launched India’s first 24 hour Home Shopping TV channel. The company has its headquarters in Noida, UP. The website has received the ‘Best shopping site” award from PC World Magazine in 2008. Currently, HomeShop18.com comprises 17 categories: Accessories, Baby, Books, Cameras and Camcorders, Clothing, Computer, Electronics, Footwear, Gifts & Flowers, Health & Beauty, Home & Kitchen, Household Appliances, Jewellery, Mobiles, Office & Stationery, Toys, Watches.
(9) Yebhi.com- Yebhi.com is an Indian Online shopping E-commerce portal for Home, Lifestyle & Fashion e-retailer, launched in the year 2009.Yebhi, which began as BigShoeBazaar.com, has a registered user base of about 1.5 million people, of whom about half a million have transacted on the site. On July' 10th 2012, Big Shoe Bazaar India Pvt Ltd. owner of Brand Yebhi.com announced that it has raised INR 100 Cr in Series C round of funding led by Fidelity Growth Partners India and Qualcomm. Subsequently, in April 2013, its site was revamped, along with a new logo. Yebhi is India Largest Shopping Destination for your Wardrobe. Shop for shoes, apparels, jewelery, Bags and more. No matter yebhi rules in apparel category and if you want to buy clothes or shoes online this is best site, Their deals become more lucrative with discount coupons, now they are also selling mobiles at good price.
(10)Pepperfry.com :- Pepperfry.com is one of the India’s leading furniture and home products e-commerce marketplace headquartered in Mumbai. A managed marketplace, Pepperfry is known for its differentiated product range which offers over 75,000+ products across categories like Furniture, Home Décor, Kitchen & Dining, etc. Pepperfry.com was launched on January 3, 2012 by Ambareesh Murty and Ashish Shah.Pepperfry is one of leading Indian website in selling lifestyle products ranging from men and women clothing, home décor, jewellery, perfumes and cosmetics, furniture, bags and accessories.Pepperfry has successfully established the Last Mile Delivery in 127 towns directly and plans to extend the geographical reach across the country by reaching 400 towns directly through its own last mile delivery infrastructure by the end of next year. Till date, the company has shipped furniture to 2,700 towns across the country, and today it sells a piece of furniture every minute. In a little over two-and-a-half years of operations, Pepperfry has achieved an important milestone by delivering its 100,000th furniture piece.
© 2015 Siddhartha Mishra