- Business and Employment»
- Small Businesses & Entrepreneurs
Private Equity Easier to Locate with Help of a Professional
If you are interested in finding private equity funding for a business project, the most efficient approach is to use a professional familiar with the funding marketplace. There are lots of reasons why it makes sense to get help rather than attempting the process on your own.
- Already familiar with potential private equity investors likely to be interested in the project
- Can locate potential funders across a broad spectrum to insure your project gets the capital it needs
- Shortens the amount of time it takes to locate funding
- Shortens the request process because professional can provide invaluable advice on preparation of request
- Able to assist the business through each step of the process
- Saves the business money by locating funding faster and more efficiently
- Familiar with the entire process so can assist business with
There is another advantage to using professional assistance. People who work in the funding marketplace have a wealth of information about all types of funding sources. You may have a particular interest in finding private equity funding, but other potential money sources include business loans, angel investors and venture capital. The professional also knows how to best approach each type of investor, and can help you balance your request with the needs of the funder.
The process of finding funding from any source can involve a lot of time. Whether you are searching for business loans, venture capital, angel investors or private equity, the process must be approached methodically but efficiently. The professional who searches for and locates investors knows how the request process works at each step and can help your business develop an effective strategy at each stage.
Companies often do not have the expertise needed to find project funding. Fund raising is quite different from selling products and services. Approaching potential funders with inadequate preparation or a poorly developed business plan will make it almost impossible to negotiate with investors. With professional assistance though, your business gets invaluable advice that makes it much more likely the business will successfully negotiate a deal.
There are a number of major steps involved in finding and negotiating funding including for private equity.
- Prepare accurate business financial valuation and valuation for expansion project
- Identify alternative funding sources for the project
- Develop reasonable time schedule
- Develop business plan including detailed marketing plan
- Approach potential funders
- Answer questions
- Meet with funders expressing interest in the project
- Analyze potential funding offers
- Negotiate with potential funders
- Prepare necessary legal documents
- Close the deal
- Set up required reporting schedule
Searching for funding whether it’s private equity funding for a major business expansion or startup funding for a new business, the search process must be conducted professionally and efficiently. A professional with expertise in finding funders and negotiating the final deal can benefit a business in many ways including increasing the likelihood of success.
More detailed information and useful advice can be found at
- Venture Capital, Business Plans, Angel Investors & Investment, Business Funding | Funded.com
Funded.com connects angel investors, startup funding and business funding with entrepreneurs. Funded.com affordably assists business plan writers create investor ready business plans.
This hub brought to you....
by Julie-Ann Amos, professional writer, and owner of international writing agency www.ExquisiteWriting.com
Why not create your own HubPages? It's fun and you can make revenue from Adsense and other revenue streams on your pages. JOIN HUBPAGES NOW
This work is licenced under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this licence, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ or send a letter to CreativeCommons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California94105, USA.
Other relevant HubPages
- Private Equity Financing Means Opportunity
Private equity financing is money invested in a business that is privately owned, and the investor actually takes an equity position in the company similar to equity partners. The capital that is available can...