- Business and Employment»
- Employment & Jobs»
QA and Software testing sample resume tutorial for healthcare industry
· Senior QA/ Business Systems Analyst with X years of experience in business process analysis/modeling, business requirements gathering, database design and development of Web Based, and Client/Server applications.
· Worked in various Healthcare areas like Enrollment, Benefits, Claims, Medicare, and EDI X12 etc. Experience in Healthcare concepts such as HIPAA, SOX etc.
· Worked on various EDI X12 transaction sets 837 I/P, 275/276, 270/271, 834 etc
· Experience as Business/Systems Analyst with expertise in Insurance, Healthcare processes, Systems/ Solutions Engineering, Strategic Planning, and Systems Analysis.
· Involved in Functional, Integration, System, Regression and UAT Testing.
· Extensive experience with NASCO, Facets and QCare Claim Engines.
· Expertise in reviewing requirements, Business Requirements Gathering, Data warehousing, Evaluating Data Sources, Translating Requirements into Specifications, Application Design.
· Expertise in reviewing requirement, functional and design specifications, developing Test strategies, Test plans and Test cases
· Proficient in business process modeling, documentation, and testing using Rational Suite (Rational Rose, RequisitePro, ClearQuest) as well as MS Visio and MS Project in combination with UML 2.0 diagramming techniques.
· Extensive experience with SQL and data conversions, Data mapping and data validation
· In-depth knowledge of creating use case, activity, logical, component and deployment views with rational tools to extract business process flows and workflows thereby helping development and quality assurance teams in understanding the requirements.
· Knowledge in the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) of data into a data warehouse/date mart and Business Intelligence (BI) tools like Business Objects Modules (Reporter, Supervisor, Designer, and Web Intelligence).
· Extensive experience with Front end and back end System Integration Testing (SIT).
· Documented project related information like test execution procedures, backup plans, new tester training documents, maintaining test logs, release notes etc
· Extensive experience in all phases of RUP and SDLC processes
Business Modeling: MS Visio, Rational Rose
QA Tools: Mercury Quality Center, Test Director, Quick Test Pro, Rational Clear case, Toad
Data warehousing Tools: Informatica, Business Objects, Cognos
Bug Tracking Tools: Mercury TestDirector, Rational ClearQuest
2000/XP/Vista, UNIX, Linux
Languages: SQL, ASP, Java Script and VB Script, HTML, XML
Databases: Oracle 9i/8i, 10g, MySQL, MS-Access, SQL Server, DB2,
Documentation & Management: MS-Office, MS Word, Rational Requisite pro, MS project, Sharepoint
Healthcare, - Location
Sr. Quality Analyst
I worked in the Enrollment department coordinating with business and other Insurance companies IT team to implement file intake processes for incoming groups. Generated reports and audits for business and management to make sure that implementation has been a success or not. I also worked in Claims area as Business/ Quality Analyst to develop applications which accept different claims like Medical claims, Dental claims, and vision claims from different vendors and route the claims into Batch Adjudication System and Online Adjudication..
· As the Sr. QA Analyst my responsibilities included developing and documenting Product Test Plans, using several SDLC methodologies; Assisted in writing efficient and effective Master Test Plan, Test Strategy, System Testing, End-to-End Test and User Acceptance Test Plan
· Performed end-to-end "System Integration" testing which covered the entire business process flow from the initial point of sales through to all the (10) downstream systems and XML output files, including apps/interfaces.
· Participated in the planning, development, coordination and presentation of specific testing needs as appropriate to the quality assurance needs of the end user
· Developed and executed SQL queries to verify the proper insertion, deletion and updates into the data Warehouse supporting tables and cubes.
· Assisted business users in defining UAT test cases and plans; Established and maintained test cases and test data in Quality Center.
· Coordinated with the QA Team for testing activities across multiple systems and managed Conversion test execution.
· Used MS Visio for flow-charting, process model and architectural design of the application.
· Strong experience in conducting Gap Analysis (GAP), Functional testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and System Integration testing (SIT), SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis and ROI analysis.
· Involved in implementation of HIPAA EDI Transactions ( 835,837,820,276)
· Facilitated Electronic Data Interchange.
· Performed GAP Analysis for HIPAA 4010 and 5010 transactions.
· Used EDI tools to verify mapping to X12 format
· Recommended changes for system design, methods, procedures, policies and workflows affecting Medicare/Medicaid claims processing in compliance with government compliant processes like HIPAA/ EDI formats and accredited standards ANSI.
· Analyzed HIPAA EDI transactions in XML and X12 responses and of 270 and 276 and looked for defects for amendment.
· Did data analysis for various version changes of EDI messages on different sub-systems.
· Providing the required test data for the developers in order to fix the defects
· Participating in QA team meeting and bug tracking meetings.
· Produced management reports using Informatica relative to inventory, productivity, accuracy and cycle time and maintained team leave documents and artifacts in web based MS Share point
· Tested the enhanced FACETS/AMISYS system, evaluating claims adjudication needs and creating HIPAA-compliant business rules configuration.
· Involved in assessment of tools for use in future HIPAA 4010/5010 migration and compliance by performing GAP Analysis. Provided business and technical process flow recommendations.
· Performed comparative analysis and gap analysis to identify variation in the process as per HIPAA X12 4010 and 5010 guidelines to incorporate updates as per 5010 guidelines
· Mapped EDI 4010 provider claim payment/advice/status (835/837/276) from clearinghouse sources to ASC X12 formats.
· Extensive testing of EDI Eligibility/Inquiry/Response (270/271) transactions via reports generated by developers.
· Mapped claims, payments, and status to back-office database.
· Logged the defects in Quality Center and maintained track of the defects throughout the life cycle.
· Participated in QA Team meetings and bug tracking meetings.
Environment: MS-Visio, MS Office, MS Project, TOAD, SQL, Quality Center, HIPAA/ EDI X12, FACETS, Oracle, SharePoint, Informatica, FTP.
For more sample resumes: www.futurethoughtsllc.com