- Business and Employment
Recession Proof Business
What is a recession?
The Webster’s Online dictionary defines a recession as, “The state of the economy declines; a widespread decline in the GDP and employment and trade lasting from six months to a year.”Other specialty definitions to the phrase include: “A period of reduced economic activity during which the level of unemployment rises, production slows, and general prosperity lags.” And “ A fall in trade or in the economy of a country.”
Are we in a recession?
You do not have to be an Economist or a Financial Expert to figure out that we are facing a recession at the moment.
There is no doubt that most developed economies including the US and UK are currently in a recession.
To quote Billionaire Warren Buffett “By a common sense definition, the US economy is already in a recession”. Warren Buffet recently told CNBC in a live Interview, that he thinks the US economy is weakening.
We all know that when the US economy sneezes Europe’s economies catch cold.
The signs of a recession are all around us:
- Gas, Oil and Food prices are going sky-high,
- This year alone in the US 80,000 employees have lost their jobs so far,
- Consumer spending is weakening,
- US bankruptcies has gone up to about 50% this year.
It’s not all doom and gloom. There is a way out of the recession for you.
E-commerce is your opportunity to beat the current economic down turn. The burdens placed on you by a recession can be greatly eased by setting up a recession proof eCommerce business.
Recession Proof Business.
Not all businesses are affected similarly by the current recession.
One such business which contrary to the current economic downturn, is doing fine is on-line business. E-commerce is booming and will continue to do so for some time.
How do I know this? Well from stats and figures published by specialist agencies & bodies.
Here are a few examples:
- According to Epsit.net, global “Global e-commerce revenues will reach $115 Billion this year”
- Forrester Research Estimates that each year every household will spend $3,649 spend online.
- E-commerce growth is estimated to reach 204 billion US$ in 2008 and to hit 334.7 billion US$ by 2012
Why are online businesses thought to be recession proof businesses?
There are several reasons why e-commerce is said to be a recession proof business. Some of these are:
- Online shoppers are wealthier than the average consumer, they are less affected by economic challenges, they are also more optimistic about the future,
- Every day more people are shopping online to save time, avoid crowds, and be able to buy at any time.
- More and more people around the world are gaining access to the Internet, thanks to the global penetration of broadband. E-commerce businesses have the potential to reach a worldwide audience.
How to build a recession proof business
If you would like free, step-by-step information on how to build & grow your own online recession proof business, visit the following site: Recession Proof Business
In 2007 alone millions of people without any formal tech training, e-commerce background, or sales experience, started their own online business.
Recession Related Article.
- Three cheers for the credit crunch
Financial Armageddon is upon us - or at least that's the tone of much of the reporting on the credit crisis that erupted almost a year ago. ...But not everyone. Many of us are in a position to gain from the changes in the financial landscape.