Resume for Career
In today's world, Every one want to get a job as quickly as possible and so in order to grab better opportunity and get the best possible job, the very first step is to make effective resume. Here I am sharing few tips to write a resume.
Few tips to write Resume:
- It should be appealing, catchy and very self promotional and presentable. As it is acts as your reflection, to be invited for the job role you are applying.
- It should not be just about your previous role or what was company and your job role. It should be about your potentialities and what have you not done there, what you want to do here as skills you will bring in with you.
- You should back up your qualities else it will look that you are just inflating.
- Job description and Role Description should be well mentioned else you will be out of game before even having chance to play it.
- Also don’t leave your Job objectives unexplained or unstated as it confuses the Employer about the Employee.
- The title you use for Resume should be effective and eye catching as few employers get applications in bulk so the glance on your Resume should catch their eye.
- Do read your resume two three times before submitting as it is important it should have no mistakes.
- Should have targeted Resume then having a common/generic resume.
- Use common fonts like Times Roman, Book man as they are highly visible.
- Use left margins and also do proper spacing as it help to look better in appearance.
- Do not use columns or Graphics.
- If you have gap in your education and you have used that time wisely explain in your resume where have you invested that time.
- Explain about your professional goals as it will tell employer about your sincerity for the Job role.
- Write Resume in Bullets form as it will attract the reader also will make it easy for employer to have a read through it.
- Highlight the important information in the beginning of Resume.
- Write in Resume Statements giving example of Problem occurred , Follow up and Resolution.
- Avoid writing Reference on Request.
- Also avoid using Jargons or negative things in the resume.
- Don’t write about hobbies if they are not related to your Job.
- Write about Achievements and not about responsibilities in the Resume.
- Don’t write fake job experiences if you don’t have as you should write about volunteer jobs or summer jobs.
- Do Define your Salutation in the beginning of the Resume to avoid confusion.
- No scattered information.
- Mention clearly with whom you worked.
- Regularly update your Resume.
I have tried my best to write with my experience few tips of how to write a good Resume. If anyone would like to add something to it. I will appreciate.