Salon Marketing Tips for Summer
In the hairdressing industry summer months are often considered slow for business. Clients just seem to disappear and salon owners grow frustrated due to empty chairs in their salons.
Almost all salons face a hard time during summer because their clients are on vacation, or busy with their children. Some of them even prefer to try out a new hairdresser.
So how do you ensure you are regularly booking appointments in your salon during the hot summer months?
Here are some salon marketing tips and ideas that you can try out and see how they work for you.
- Have a positive attitude. Don’t get depressed because your salon business isn’t as active as rest of the year.
- Offer a special Summer Discount like giving 10% off on any color service. You can also try out giving other enticing deals to make clients visit your salon.
- If you have extra space in your salon, try to utilize it by creating a playroom for kids. This will make it easier for mothers to avail your salon services while their children are busy playing nearby.
- Every time a client visits your salon during summer, make sure you connect with them on a personal level. Since there won’t be much rush during this time, it would be easier for you to WOW your clients and win them for life.
- Make it a habit to rebook your clients. If some of your clients like to spend longer time in your salon, you can book them during summer so they can avail your services at their own pace.
- Keep seeking referrals and provide some incentives to those who refer three or more people. This is the best salon marketing tip you can try to keep you busy throughout the year.
- Be active in local networking groups and business associations.
- You may also volunteer to work with local charities so you are able to reach out to more people. This will also be an effective marketing technique as press and media will mention about the charities you are involved with.
- During your free time, don’t just brood; instead read trade journals and fashion magazines. Try to learn new techniques and hone your skills to stay ahead of the competition.
What salon marketing tips do you apply?
I hope implementing these salon marketing tips will keep you busy during summer months. Let us know what worked for you and what didn’t. If you have more marketing ideas feel free to share them by commenting below.